Thread: Apple Safari 5.05 is crashing at the time of Start up

Apple Safari 5.05 is crashing at the time of Start up

Well as the title suggesting itself what I wanted to discuss over here in this particular thread. I have installed latest version of Safari 5.05 on the computer of mine. whenever I launch the browser on the computer of mine all the open windows seems to be closing immediately. Let me know why crashing of the browser is occurring on the computer of mine? Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Apple Safari 5.05 is crashing at the time of Start up

Looking at the problem which you have mentioned over here I wanted to confirm following details which would be useful to find out the root cause of the problem. Which operating system do you have installed on the computer? Can you tell me about hardware configuration of the computer? Do you have done any recent changes on the computer of yours? also provide the dump file of the crashing which you are getting. So answer the question as early as possible so that I can figure out the root cause of the problem.

Well looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am suggesting following stuff which you should try and see whether it is working or not.
    • You should move the below mentioned line to the desktop from the Home folder.
      Code:
      Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.LSSharedFileList.plist
      Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist
      Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.RSS.plist
      Library/Safari
    • Now you should launch the Safari on the computer of yours and see whether it is working or not.

In order to fix the matter of yours you have to clear out the cookies from the Safari. You have to go for the Safari Preferences and then go for Security and you have to click on the Show Cookies. Now simply click on the Delete All. Another thing which you can try is that you should go to the Home Folder and simply navigate to the Home Library and you have to put down the Cookies.plist. you have to take the file to the desktop and restart the Safari and see whether it is working or not.

I am suggesting following solution which you can use to fix the matter of yours.
    1. You have to launch the browser on the computer of yours and click on the Safari / Empty Cache.
    2. You have to open the Library folder and then go for the Caches folder and go for the com.apple.Safari. now you have to move for the cache.db file from the com.apple.Safari.
    3. Now relunch the Safari and see whether it is working or not.

I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. well I have fixed the crashing issue by reinstalling the software on the computer of mine. Hence I recommend that you should also reinstall the browser on the computer of yours. you should download the browser then remove the browser from the computer and reboot the same. after rebooting the computer you should make an attempt to install the browser on the computer of yours and see whether you can determine any difference in the situation.

Have you ever installed the previous version of the Safari on the computer? if your answer is yes then I recommend that you should install the previous version of Safari on the computer. also I am suspecting that there is a bug issue with this particular browser so I recommend that you should contact the developer team and file a bug report to them. The developer team would fix the bug issue and release the patch which you can apply to fix the matter.