Thread: Chrome and Netflix not working together

Chrome and Netflix not working together

I am using windows 7 operating system and in order to surf over internet I am using Google chrome browser. I have much interest in watching online videos especially TV shows. I am using Netflix streaming service in order to watch my favorite TV shows as well as to watch online movies through it. Recently I am not able to stream videos through Netflix. When I start it through chrome browser then it stops working, so please help me in solving the problem.

Re: Chrome and Netflix not working together

I am also using chrome browser and when today I tried to watch videos through Netflix then I am also not able to watch the same. I was able to watch videos previously and then when I tried to open it today then it said that browser cannot stream videos as instant view is not supported. I was searching for the solution of this problem and found a similar query here, so I hope I would also get the solution for the same. So can anyone provide the solution for the same?

I have just observed that there are several issues regarding Netflix with chrome browser and many users of chrome are facing this problem. Some are getting error message 51 and some are just getting not supported message. In order to watch instant videos one needs to meet the minimum system requirements, so just check that your computer have certain system requirements. So just check that whether this problem is getting solved using this solution.

I guess that it is happening because the silver light is not working properly or else the silver light would have crashed and therefore you are not able to play the Netflix videos. You can try playing or streaming videos using other browser. So just try this using Firefox or Microsoft internet explorer browser on your computer. I am sure that you would be able to stream videos using it as I have tried this option when I got the same problem.

I guess that the silver light is outdated, or it is not ready to work with Netflix and therefore no video is been streamed via Netflix. So just find a silver light plug-in and possibly you would be able to stream the videos soon. Else just contact Netflix, and ask these representatives about this problem as they would definitely help you in this case. They may ask you for the service code. The major reason for this problem was silver light, so first just check with that.

Actually Netflix service was first used under safari browser. But recently there was news that chrome is successfully compatible with Netflix. But still the same problem is there as Netflix is still finding for safari browser. So in order to make use of Netflix in chrome, you can search for this fix called as chromeflix over Google and then install the same on your computer, and thus it will make Netflix service to be played in chrome browser.

I think that Netflix don’t have support for chrome browser. But I found a trick where you can fool Netflix that you are using safari browser and stream videos using chrome. For that you need to configure chrome by adding a parameter. For that right click chrome and then select properties and then you will find target box and there you need to add the following text. --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_3; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.2.1 Safari/525.19"

OMFG Re: Chrome and Netflix not working together

The Silverlight plug-in, no matter how new it is, eventually crashes in all browsers except Internet Explorer. You can still use Chrome to view Netflix by installing the Chrome extension IE Tab, which emulates Internet Explorer <http://tinyurl.com/64f9bod>. As their website says:
    "Displays web pages using IE within Chrome. Supports ActiveX controls, Sharepoint, ICBC, alipay. A 'Top 10' extension since 2009."

Since I installed IE Tab, the Silverlight plug-in hasn't crashed when using Netflix in Chrome. (Silverlight plays nice only with Internet Explorer.) So I no longer have to resort to running the (bloated, slow) Internet Explorer.