Thread: Unable to play embedded videos on Safari 5.0.1

Unable to play embedded videos on Safari 5.0.1

I am using Macbook pro with Mac OSX Snow Leopard (10.6.4) operating System. I had upgraded my safari browser to Safari 5.0.1, and ever since then I am not able to play any of the videos on the Apple website or any other site that is having embedded videos. The You Tube videos are played very well but the videos on the Apple website are not played. Has anyone facing the same issue? Kindly suggest me something so that I can play all the videos.

Re: Unable to play embedded videos on Safari 5.0.1

I am also facing the same problem. I was told to install the latest version of Flash Player, so I installed Adobe Flash Player 10.1 by downloading it. I got the You tube and many other sites videos to play in Firefox and in Safari. But the videos from the Vevo site were not getting opened. It always throws an error message saying me to install the flash player of the latest version. I have also removed the block pop-ups option from the pane. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Before you install the latest version of Flash player, you have to remove the Flash plugin that were already there in your preference. You need to uninstall the existing plugins and then install it again and then repair it. After installing the Adobe Flash Player also get the latest updates if you have any of them. Also make a note that you remove all the cache of the Flash Player and then install it. If any of the cache files is found, then the new updates will be crashing with the older one.

You can try the following, if repair permission was not there even after updating Safari:
    Firstly, open the Disk utility. You can do this by going on to the Application and then click on Utilities. On the left hand-side in the panel click on the MacintoshHD and then click on the First Aid tab. select on the Repair Disk permissions from it. When everything is finished, cancel the Disk Utility and then reboot your system.

After doing what you said to do then, I noticed that in the permission window there was a list of “Message” I ignored it thinking that it is OK until I am able to see the “Permission Repair Complete” you can also delete the cache from the folder, put the cache.db file in the trash from the com.apple.Safari folder. You can go there by going into the ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari. You can also go to application menu and from there click on empty Cache.

I got the problem solved, all I did was, in the Safari preferences I went to the ‘security’ panel. I did so to check whether the JavaScript was allowed by me to run. Probably I made a unchecked mark against the “Allow Plugins” box. This really worked for me, I hope that this would work for you also. You can also delete the Flash Player’s cache folder by going on to the Library/caches/Adobe/Flash Player from the home directory.