Thread: Google search suggestions not working after Security Update in Safari

Google search suggestions not working after Security Update in Safari

I have been using safari for pretty few months know and yesterday the Google search suggestion have certainly stopped appearing when I started the safari web browser. I never had the problem before I guess that was caused by an virus hence I checked my whole pc for any virus threat that could affect this but , I did not get any . I have no idea what has caused this problem. However I am still been able to view my previous search suggestion that I have made.

Re: Google search suggestions not working after Security Update in Safari

Hey did you install any of the security updates before, if yes than that’s the problem caused by the installation of the latest security update. I suggest you to change the search engine to some other search engine like Bing, yahoo, or ask. And check if the problem still persists if it does than I guess you should re-install your web-browser. And if it works then try switching back to Google after some-time.

Attempt troubleshooting the Safari .plist file. To do that stop Safari and then Open a Finder window and then choose your Home Folder which is in the Sidebar on the left side of your desktop. It would be probably having a small house icon. After you are done till here open the Library folder which would be present in the same folder as the other files are and then the Preferences folder in the same sub menu. After that shift the com.apple.Safari.plist file ( which is again in the same folder from the Preferences directory to the Desktop directory and then initiate Safari. I did the same and that worked for me

Search-engine address and suggestion address are not on the whole dissimilar, they are quite unified. Search-engine address is the one which you originally put to search on the search-bar ( on the browser) and the proposal address is the one that come into view by your own web-browser (support on the preliminary keywords you have put in the search-bar) as a list of search suggestions arrange by a declining order of relevancy. I guess that would help you out.

Yes , I don ‘t know anything about the update as I share my laptop with my brother and I don’t know if he has updated any I I surely know that the search suggestion in my Google is not working properly or more precisely not working at all. I have just contacted Apple care and they said that they are going to look after this problem once they find if many users are facing it or not. I think if more people notify apple about this update problem then I guess they would find us a way out.

Hey mate, I think you should try this out , open the safari web- browser and then go to the Safari menu bar which is just available above the left Conner of your monitor and then click on Safari and then Reset Safari but before doing that remember the top choose the top 7 buttons, and then click Reset. After that quit the safari and then re-launch the web browser and then try using Google.

I never though that there would be so many suggestion’s here for me, I had previously been to many forums sites and never had some many replies for me . I even did not wished to see so many replies, but then thanks for every suggestion that you gave me, that helped me a lot to solve the problem , however the problem was not solved anyway so I had the re-install it , I wished there way a better way to it than I did.