Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-06-2011

Error message 3 which updating Google Chrome in Windows 7

Hello all, today morning I came across one particular problem while I was trying to update the Google Chrome web browser installed in my computer system. Whenever I was trying to update the browser, I was getting error message 3. I am running Windows 7 OS in my system. Can anyone tell me why I am facing this weird issue in my system which performing update? Please help me with your suggestions. It will be very sweet of someone if you post few suggestions to solve my issue.
Old 15-06-2011

Re: Error message 3 which updating Google Chrome in Windows 7

You are facing some issue with the Google Chrome installed in your system. So, according to me either the Google Chrome browser has got corrupted, or there is some issue with your network connection. So I would suggest you to first make sure that you are not having any issue with your Internet connection and second you should uninstall the Chrome from your system completely and then reinstall the latest available Google Chrome in your system.
Old 15-06-2011

I have also faced this issue which updating my Google Chrome browser and the following solution helped me fixing the problem.
  • Start command prompt (cmd) and type the following code: cd "C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\"
  • Once you have completed the above steps, run the following: GoogleUpdate.exe /RegServer
Old 15-06-2011

Follow the below steps to fix the error message 3 while updating Google Chrome.
  • Make sure that you have closed all the instances of Chrome in your system.
  • Go to the following path: C:\Users\<<USERNAME>>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application
  • Right-click the chrome.exe file and click on Properties
  • Now navigate to Compatibility tab > 'Change settings for all users'
  • finally Uncheck the 'Run this program as an administrator' checkbox
Old 15-06-2011

This seems to be some kind of issue with Google Chrome, because many people including me also, are facing this issue in recent times. So the best possible solution according to me is to wait for Google technical staff to solve this issue by providing some new updates that would help the issue instead of trying different workarounds. As I am not that good with this tweaking and all, I prefer performing all this process under someone?s guidance and full assurance and the same I am suggesting you.
Old 15-06-2011

Wow!! I am impressed and very much surprised. I was not expecting such a quick response for my query. And the best part about the suggestions is, they were bang on target, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you, so much guys. You people are just amazing and I must saying, you all came as a life saver for me. I am not sure about all the solutions, because the second solution worked well for me and solved my issue, so did not got the chance to try the other suggestions. But, still, I am sure they might also prove helpful for others.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , ,