Thread: What do you mean by WebDav URL?

What do you mean by WebDav URL?

As the title suggesting itself what I wanted to ask over in this particular thread. I have recently started to use iCloud. I have come across the term webdav url. Can you tell me what do you mean by webdav url? Let me know if you are aware of anything which I can use to get the requirement of mine. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: What do you mean by WebDav URL?

I let you know that WebDav would let you to have functionality to create, change and move documents on the remote server typically for the web server or you can say Web share. It is well known that the WebDav is having support for all the major operating system and desktop environment including Windows , Linux as well as Mac. There are three essential parts of the WebDav which can be mentioned as follow.
    • Document Library
    • Image Gallery
    • Journal

Into the Document Library portlet you have to navigate to the specific folder and edit the same. You have to click on the edit button which is located at the right. The Image Gallery is same as the Document Library. Into the Journal Portlet you have to navigate to the specific Journal template and edit the same. You will be able to see the direct WebDav url for that particular template. I am hoping that the information which I have mentioned over here would be useful to you.

Well looking at the requirement which you have mentioned ;over here I let you know that each and every WebDav accessible resources of the library is having an associated URL. You should copy the URL and configure the file with the preferred browser of yours. After that it would ask you to authenticate with User Id and password of yours. You have to for Web folder and then you have to introduce the WebDav url and click on the enter.

When you are supposed to view folders into the Document Library and the files are existing then it would begin with "._". if it is happening then l let you know that it is happening due to implantation of the OSx WebDavfs client. OSX is supposed to create the resources fork each and every files which it creates or modifies and storing the file which is prepared with. If you delete that files from the computer of yours then it would not cause any harm on the system of yours.

If you are using TortoiseSVN or TortoiseGIT then it would constantly query with the WebDav for thye .svn or .git folders. If you are wanted to skip the checking of this particular folder then you have to add the portal-ext.properties: webdav.ignore=.svn,.git. by default Library Portal allows WebDev connection from the any server which is using HTTP or HTTPS. It is possible to have more secure configuration through the following properties which you can implement on the Portal.
    Code:
    webdav.servlet.hosts.allowed=
     webdav.servlet.https.required=false