Thread: Import contacts on icloud

Import contacts on icloud

I have been new to apple computer and it services respectively. I have no idea how to manage the email account and above that with the introduction of it new mailing device, have confused me even further, I wish someone would please help me to solve my problem . I am having trouble imports the contacts list from my current mail server to the icloud mail server. Any help that would help me out would be appreciated.

Re: Import contacts on icloud

Hey mate , I think you need to be more clear when you are asking such question because such type question needs more specification and clarification. I also need to tell you that you try exporting this file through the export option that is available with it. There are many ways you could do it , but it all depends on the type of Mail server and the service provider you are using. So I recommend you to post back the E-mail service provider name along with the client you are using.

Hey friends, I have been using the windows live as my e-mail server and Microsoft outlook as my E-mail client .whenever I try to import my contact using the .csv file. The work is accomplished with any error ‘s but the movement I try to open my files I could not open them, I just don ‘t know why , Is there a bug in the icloud mail sever.

Hey, I have a similar problem but on a different platform but with the same destination. I have tried to export my phone contacts with nokia pc suit and stored that file with a .csv extension so that I could upload it directly to my icloud account. so here is my question which program should I export my .csv file so that it could work with the icloud.

I think unable to import the contacts have been a global issue know the icloud and the apple developer are working on it , I just hope the fix the error , before it is too late. I have been trying to convey this message since 3 days now and I have just received a mail from them that they have fixed the error and you should know check if you can upload your contacts and if still the problem persists then write to the icloud community for a accurate reply .

I never thought that I would have such fast replies for this post , however I am extremely sorry for a late reply as I have messed my up with the notification settings with my e-mail server , I just hoped that the above setting worked with my importing of contacts done by it. And it actually worked out for me the .csv file is great if your upload it directly on the internet without any third party software .

I just got my iPhone and I have all of my contacts stored in .csv file. I created an iCloud account and added to my iPhone. I sync my iPhone to computer. I want to transfer all my contacts to iCloud on my computer. How do I import .csv file into iCloud on the computer?
    vasu

Quote Originally Posted by svsonti View Post
    I just got my iPhone and I have all of my contacts stored in .csv file. I created an iCloud account and added to my iPhone. I sync my iPhone to computer. I want to transfer all my contacts to iCloud on my computer. How do I import .csv file into iCloud on the computer?
    vasu
    I think that you will have to covert the csv file to contacts.vcf file from google and then import it to iCloud. Below is the seteps to import Gmail Contacts into iCloud
    1. On your iphone, tap Settings > iCloud and turn on Contacts.
    2. Access your Gmail account On the Mac or PC, and go to your Google Contacts. Click the More menu > Export, choose all contacts you want to export, select vCard format. Click "Export", download the file to your computer and rename the contacts.vcf to yourname.vcf.
    3. Access icloud.com with your Apple ID account and go to the contacts. Make sure there is no contacts listed. Then drag the vcf file into the page.

Thank you for the response. I created a google.csv file that has my contacts information. I tried to drag and drop it in the contacts folder in www.iCloud.com/#. I also opened the contacts icon (www.iCloud/#contacts) and then draged the google.csv file into it. Then I changed the extension of the file to google.vcf and repeated the above mentioned processes. None of them worked. I do not see import/export options on iCloud.
    Vasu

Hello All ,

Is there a way to import excel contacts onto the icloud?
    Ive lost all my contacts with a memory error while updating my software and have an excel document with everything.

Thank you , Zoe

Quote Originally Posted by svsonti View Post
    Thank you for the response. I created a google.csv file that has my contacts information. I tried to drag and drop it in the contacts folder in www.iCloud.com/#. I also opened the contacts icon (www.iCloud/#contacts) and then draged the google.csv file into it. Then I changed the extension of the file to google.vcf and repeated the above mentioned processes. None of them worked. I do not see import/export options on iCloud.
    Vasu
    Hi, you just need to export your contacts in VCard format from Gmail and then use Safari (Mac or Win will work) to login to iCloud, go to contacts, make sure you have no contacts there and then drag the vcf file to the left side of the contacts book. Hope that helps.

I have a Vcard file, and I have tried with Chrome, IE and safari to drag my Vcf file into icloud and none have worked.
    Any Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by qmedic View Post
    I have a Vcard file, and I have tried with Chrome, IE and safari to drag my Vcf file into icloud and none have worked.
    Any Suggestions?
    Can you tell us whether you have a contact in there? If you have a contact there, the drag and drop function will be deactivated. Just try to double click where it says “No Contacts – Create a new contact by or something or dragging a vCard to import”. It will ask for you to choose the vcf file. Hope that helps you out.

I've tried this a hundred different ways and I can't get this to work. I've had iCloud ask for the file, and then browsed and selected the .vcf file, but nothing happens.

I'm using Safari on a Windows 7 laptop.

I deleted the two automatic contacts that were generated when I created my account so I now have the "No Contacts" message on the left side of the book. I just don't know what else to do.