Thread: How to solve the error "Class doesn't support automation" in internet explorer 9

How to solve the error "Class doesn't support automation" in internet explorer 9

I am running windows 7 on my computer and I am using internet explorer and the problem that I am facing now is that I am not able to print from the internet sites and I am not able to see the preview of the same. When I try to do the same then it gives me a message saying that “An Error Has Occurred in the Script on This Page", Line 1826, Char 1, Error: Class doesn't support automation, Code 0, URL: res://ieframe.dll/preview.js” I don’t have much idea about the same. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out with it? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: How to solve the error "Class doesn't support automation" in internet explorer 9

I am running windows 7 on my computer and I am using internet explorer and the problem that I am facing now is that I am not able to print from the internet sites and I am not able to see the preview of the same. When I try to do the same then it gives me a message saying that “An Error Has Occurred in the Script on This Page", Line 1826, Char 1, Error: Class doesn't support automation, Code 0, URL: res://ieframe.dll/preview.js” I don’t have much idea about the same. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out with it? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I think I can help you with this. First just make sure that you are login as an administrator and then try to do the same but then if you still have the same problem then you can try to disable protected mode and in order to do so just perform the below steps:
    • First open the internet explorer and then just click on the tools and then click on the Security tab.
    • After that just make sure that you are un-checking the “Enable Protected Mode’ and then just apply the same and then click on ok.
    • After that just close the internet explorer and then reboot the machine and then login with the admin account and then browse to any site and then try to print and then you should not have the same problem.

Re: How to solve the error "Class doesn't support automation" in internet explorer 9

I am having the same type of problem but not exactly the same I mean I am using a canon printer and I am running windows 7 and even I am not able to print through the internet explorer 9. I am getting the following error:
    Error pop-up: Script Error
    An error has occurred in the script on this page.
    Error pop-up: Message from webpage
    There was an internal error, and Internet Explorer is unable to print this document.

I am having the same type of problem but not exactly the same I mean I am using a canon printer and I am running windows 7 and even I am not able to print through the internet explorer 9. I am getting the following error:
    Error pop-up: Script Error
    An error has occurred in the script on this page.
    Error pop-up: Message from webpage
    There was an internal error, and Internet Explorer is unable to print this document.
    I have come across this problem before and I will like to share the same, just check out this link and then see if you are able to get it resolved. Best of luck.

I have tried disabling the “Enable Protected Mode” and I did what exactly you had specified and I also made sure that I am login with a admin account but then I am getting the same message again. I have also checked that there are no settings changed prior to the print preview and all but then I did not found anything that has been changed. I have also checked that the connection is proper. I have tried to find a solution for the same error in a no of forum but then I have found that their cases are almost different. I really need to solve it out and I am really running out of ideas. Any further help will be appreciated.

I think that you can try to recreate the missing folder and see if it is making any difference, in order to do so you can just use the “fix it for me “section” or you can also use the Let me fix it myself" section and if you want to fix it by yourself then you can follow the below steps:
    • First close all the instances of the IE 9.
    • After that just go to start and then click on search and then type “%temp%” without the quotes and after that you will get a list of files.
    • Just check for the Temp folder in the list and then just click on the New Folder on the main menu.
    • Now just name the folder as low and then press enter and then close the Windows Explorer window and then open the IE and then try doing the print process.
    • Just check it out and then let me know if it helps or not.

If that does not work then you can try to Reset low integrity level on the Low folder as well. What all you have to do is go to start and then go to Start> All Programs>Accessories and then just Right-click on the Command Prompt and Run it as an administrator.
    After that just go to the print preview of any webpage in Internet Explorer and then press ENTER:
    ICACLS "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\Low" /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low
    After this just reboot your computer and then check the printing process again and see if the problem has disappeared or not.

I have tried the above solution as well but then they are not making any difference. I think that you all are not getting my problem correctly. I will share it in detail again. The problem is that when I am printing anything for record purpose then the text is not getting printed and when I check the preview then it remains blank and it gives me message saying “An Error Has Occurred in the Script on This Page", Line 1826, Char 1, Error: Class doesn't support automation, Code 0, URL: res://ieframe.dll/preview.js”. Hope that’s clear now.

To correct this you must go to your Run command and enter the following one by one clicking OK after each line:
    • REGSVR32 msscript.ocx
    • REGSVR32 dispex.dll
    • REGSVR32 vbscript.dll
    • REGSVR32 scrrun.dll
    • REGSVR32 urlmon.dll