Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to delete an iCloud account.

How to delete an iCloud account.

I have finished working with the iCloud and now I am getting completely bored with it and am deciding it discontinue it as I think it is not useful to me. But the main issue is that I do not know how to delete it and need some help from you all guys. Have anyone of you did it before? Please let me know how to do it so that I can get rid of it. It’s nice browser but it doesn’t suit me that is the only reason I want to discontinue it from future usage.

Re: How to delete an iCloud account.

Yes I am also thinking of the same thing because I believe icloud is a great, but..I also have belief that it is not good for the computer. For instance it´s very time-consuming and when you get started it with it along with it brings the unwanted guests which I don’t like I mean to say it along with it opens lots of processes and because of this the load increases on the computer, I don’t want this to happen. So someone please tell how to discontinue with the same. It does not support all the websites

I don’t think that you have a right reason to quite the iCloud and you are just giving some reason. I you don’t want to use it than simply don’t use it and there are no point of giving the reasons for not using the same. iCloud is good but not the best I do agree to it but I am sure that in their next release they will give some better things to use. And for you king information I don’t think that the processes may be starting because of the iCloud because it is completely online based and its never being installed on to your physical drive. So do get your computer checked there may be some other fault in it.

Yes my friend CloudMe is never being installed on the computer. Its just amazing I mean its a free of charge web-based service. It gives you the file sharing storage space, and it installs nothing onto the computer and you can use it from anywhere and you can make direct usage from mobile or browser. This is the reason that the name cloudMe must be given to it. So I would suggest you do not delete your account as its not harming you in any of the way just don’t use it simple, no one know it may be help full for you in future.

Let me bring to your notice that on deleting the account you will lose everything you have stored on it and you will lose your access on it. And then you won’t be able to do anything about it. I am telling you this because I there was no one to guide me and this mistake was done by me. So before deleting the account download the files that you think are important for you. To delete your account you need to go to their site and in that you have to go in the remove section and one page will open up where you need to give reason for doing so and username or email address and your work will be done.

Anyone deleted the iCloud account?

Quote Originally Posted by daniums View Post
    Anyone deleted the iCloud account?
    You can easily delete the icloud and recreate it again by going to the steps below:

Settings>Mail>iCloud>Delete

Now, create a new iCloud account.

Settings>Mail>iCloud>Set-Up>Follow Steps Again.

Quote Originally Posted by einstein_007 View Post
    You can easily delete the icloud and recreate it again by going to the steps below:

Settings>Mail>iCloud>Delete

Now, create a new iCloud account.

Settings>Mail>iCloud>Set-Up>Follow Steps Again.
    Did you do that before? And I should do it on iPhone? If I delete the iCloud on the iPhone, I can login at iCloud.com also, so I think the operation can't delete the iCloud account.

Did you do that before? And I should do it on iPhone? If I delete the iCloud on the iPhone, I can login at iCloud.com also, so I think the operation can't delete the iCloud account.
    Yes offcourse, if you delete it from iPhone, it just delete the iCloud app and not the account. You need to delete it from the web itself if you want to delete your icloud account everywhere. But whats the need to delete it. Just dont use it and never visit icloud, it will get blocked automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by shikhar View Post
    Yes offcourse, if you delete it from iPhone, it just delete the iCloud app and not the account. You need to delete it from the web itself if you want to delete your icloud account everywhere. But whats the need to delete it. Just dont use it and never visit icloud, it will get blocked automatically.
    I delete the iCloud on iPhone and don't use the account at iCloud.com, the account will be deleted automatically? Is that right? If so, I want to know how long the account will be deleted automatically?

Another question, if my iCloud account abc@me.com(just a example) has been deleted, could other people create the iCloud account with abc@me.com?

I guess it will take much time, about 3 months atleast to get blocked. Not sure about it will be deleted so early. About the second point, i dont think anyone else can create account with the same username/ID. If it can be possible, it will take years, not before than that.

Quote Originally Posted by orlando View Post
    I guess it will take much time, about 3 months atleast to get blocked. Not sure about it will be deleted so early. About the second point, i dont think anyone else can create account with the same username/ID. If it can be possible, it will take years, not before than that.
    Can I edit the iCloud account name? Is it possible?

My friend create the iCloud account for me, but he didn't logout his Apple ID, so the iCloud account which I wanted was linked with his Apple ID, he tried to delete or edit the iCloud account, but he couldn't. anyone knows what should I do to get my iCloud account back?
    Last edited by daniums; 11-08-2011 at 12:12 PM.

My friend create the iCloud account for me, but he didn't logout his Apple ID, so the iCloud account which I wanted was linked with his Apple ID, he tried to delete or edit the iCloud account, but he couldn't. anyone knows what should I do to get my iCloud account back?
    I heard that Apple are asking people to file any account issues like this as a Bug through the developer center. I think if they can they will attempt to fix the account for you. There are MANY accounts in such condition and I believe Apple would enable all the features on them once iCloud comes out of Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by james_911 View Post
    I heard that Apple are asking people to file any account issues like this as a Bug through the developer center. I think if they can they will attempt to fix the account for you. There are MANY accounts in such condition and I believe Apple would enable all the features on them once iCloud comes out of Beta.
    But my friend and I are not developers, we can't post my situation at the developer center, anybody can help me to file this account issue at the developer center?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast