Thread: Tracing connections

question Tracing connections

Ok folks, i know you can trace and see where an IP address goes to, find out where data from your computer is going, and the like.

What i am needing to know is, is there a way, ANY way at all, to find out if a remote computer (not part of my network) is connected to certain IP addresses. IE: I am on my computer with ip address 98.97.96.95, and I need to see if Bob's computer whos IP address is 1.2.3.4 is connected to ip address 23.24.25.26 on any port.

If this is possible, by any means necessary , and if so, how one would go about doing it.

Re: Tracing connections

You can always connect to the router's IP address if a host computer is located behind a router, possibly specifying the port number after the router's IP address (e.g. 68.103.23.63:12345). If default port 34012 is used by Remote PC Server on the host computer, the port number may be omitted (just 68.103.23.63). Other port numbers must be specified. For information on how to find your router's IP address, see your router's documentation.

that would work it the person in question was wanting me to help them. I am more or less needing to basically be able to spy on the connections that another computer is making out to the internet, to see what servers they are connected to, specifically for Voice over IP servers (Teamspeak and ventrillo type servers)

p.s. also as i said in the first posting, we are not in the same network, nor even geographically in the same location

The "TRACERT" (Trace Route) command is an analytic utility which lets you to see the path and the amount of hops a network "packet" takes to reach its target. Here the step, How to run TRACERT

1. Connect to the Internet
    2. Run the MS-DOS utility by simply clicking on Start; choose Programs, choose Ms-DOS prompt
    3. After that just type "TRACERT" at the command prompt followed by a website address or an IP address, for example: tracert example.com or IP address
    4. Press the Enter key. While the trace is completed, you will get "Trace complete" displayed.
    5. Type "EXIT" to return to Windows

I guess this will solve your issue.

ok i guess i am not being clear enough, so let me try to dumb this down as best as i can.

I live in say ohio, using adelhpia net. I have a person who lives in the UK and uses BT Net. i am needing to see if there is a way that i can see what IP addresses the UK user is connected to (meaning what servers his computer has established a data connection with such as a VoIP server).

I need to find a way, that from my home computer, i can literally spy on someone else's computer, by using their IP address that i already know, and see what servers they are connected to and transmitting data to (and hopefully sort or filter the results by port [range])