Thread: How to Convert phpBB database to WordPress

How to Convert phpBB database to WordPress

I am involved in transforming a phpBB forum to WordPress blog-type system, thus fundamentally, the phpBB topics/replies turn out to be WordPres posts/comments. Is there an uncomplicated method to carry out this, small of symbols a script? My difficulty is I would not make out where to begin by means of the script writing. I was departing to post this as a work, except from the time when I'm fresh to the boards; I'm not up till now permitted to carry out that. In the interim, I assumed I'd discover the problem here lest it's somewhat I may perhaps effortlessly perform myself.

Re: How to Convert phpBB database to WordPress

This subject attracted me because I am gConverter purchaser as well. I believe they translate phpBB to Wordpress and whichever additional CMS/Forums to Wordpress extremely fine. I asked gConverter intended for service previous week, the major cause was hundreds of suggestions and excellent feedbacks, these guys are actually operational ideal, I don't believe that +/- $5 of additional services might induce me to utilize their service. BY the way the gConverter cost begins from $35 as well, except I believe the professionalism is most significant thing.

WordPress is a blogging utility, phpbb is a forum utility, the database structures will expected to have more than a few dissimilarities, you'll require a developer/coder to put in writing a tradition script, otherwise write your individual. That’s not somewhat you’ll expected to discover except somebody has done it previously and determined to contribute to the process, aim google, and if you can’t come across whatever thing helpful in that case the options is restricted as I think.

If you enclose the databases opposite to you and you can write plus alter code, there's no motivation you can't create your personal. If you require this made within a definite timeframe the option is to employ somebody to write a script intended for you. I've made database translation by hand myself, i recognize how uninteresting it can be, except at the moment(perhaps similar to yourself?) i didn't have the least thought how to mark a script to accomplish it, thus it was my barely option.

phpBB as well as Wordpress are excessively extremely dissimilar programs and utilize for exceptionally diverse things. Most folks make use of phpBB like a Forum. If the barely thing you are not connecting concerning phpBB is the truth that it is receiving spammed and you are the only person using it to place to it may be superior to just put in higher limitations inside the board configuration region. Situate registration with the intention that the admin has to agree fresh users and it will reduce on numerous your spam.

I do not know what I will be helpful, but I try to bring you down a couple of strategies:
    • Do not you also have the RSS of comments for each post? Some CMS them to us, once you understand how to get the address of the RSS excerpt from that post you should have no problems
    • Since the conversion plugin only works with the new post, you can try this: do virgin bbPress installation (and plugin) and Wordpress. Then export the posts from your site in bbPress, and virgin installation, which should create you automatically post on Wordpress. At this point, export to Wordpress post and put in production.