Thread: How a keyword tracker works

How a keyword tracker works

What is the way to track a keyword. For example I use some terms on my website and I want to check where it is used, how much it has gained and what is the position of that keyword on the web. I tried some tool which just gave me recommendations of similar keywords and do not provide any kind of information on the keywords that is available on my website. There are very type of tools which give you most impact information on this.

Re: How a keyword tracker works

There is an application called SocialMention which you can use. This is an web based application which helps you to track any keyword across different platforms. It provides you related search keywords from social network websites, blogs, videos, etc. It helps you to track a sufficient number of keywords that you can type in the search box of this site. You can either search for all platforms simultaneously, or individually by selecting one of them, and even specifying a particular network.

I had used this tool and found that this works same like Google Alerts. You can setup the same with email alerts. On the other hand the results page is large and has a lot of detail as the main keywords, the top users and offers the option to export data in CSV format etc. Results can be sorted by date and time if so required. SocialMention is a good tool to analyze a speech and the views received on the social web.

It is right to say that there is no exact tool that can help you to find the most appropriate keywords information. Web is an very vast place and it is not really easy for any tool to track the traffic of each keywords. Basically some website hosters provide you tools that keeps an tacks of your site content, the one which you can find on Google blogs. There are some services which provides you the same information on a prescribed fee.

The best tool for your need can be Google Analytic. There is nothing much in that. The tool lets you to provide information on the current and past status of the keywords that you will be going to target. The tools also provide you the e ranking of keywords and it is also possible to create a new filter, and for that you must enter Setup of Google Analytic. Try this tool for free for sometime and if you like it then you can go for paid service of Google.

I found a tool called NPTracker. It is an kind of script to track keywords. But I am not sure whether this is ethical or not. There are number of things you might need to know before getting content from the website. If you go on Google to search tools that can help you to track keywords then you find a number of recommendation. One by one you can test them and use the one which is the most appropriate one.