Thread: How can I block this Gmail using sonic wall?

How can I block this Gmail using sonic wall?

Hello guys I have a small firm and I don’t want have this personal firewall set up and all it would cost me and I didn’t wanted to indulge in such extra costing so I thought of using the sonic wall and I want this sonic wall to block Gmail for certain reasons I don’t want my colleagues to use Gmail and I have tried by using the url I mean by blocking the url of Gmail from the sonic wall but I wasn’t succeeded now can anyone suggest me how to do it? Any clues would be really appreciated.

Re: How can I block this Gmail using sonic wall?

Well fiend you know what I think this sonic wall only deals with blocking the domains so using direct url won’t be working you need to specify mail ahead of the keyword. ok would discuss the steps how to go with it so first go to that sonic wall page after login in watch out for left side bottom having an option of security service under that you have content filter then configure and then see at the top tabs press custom list then press add from bottom and then keyword window will appear in which you can enter Gmail/mail and then ok and Gmail would be blocked try it out hope it works.

Hey I am not familiar with that sonic wall but I have heard of a bit, I have had done some setups for firewall so I hope it would work in the same way as other so I think if you can create a content filter then just create it please and then in that you need to type mail.google.com and if there is ok button press ok block button press block or if done press that and then try to use your Gmail from your browser hope you won’t be able to because you have blocked it and so that’s all you have solved your problem out. I think my view would help you or give some clue regarding it.

Hmm go to the sonic wall go to security service option there you will see content filter clicking on that will take you to a page where you would be able to see a button configure click it to that enter the link in keyword and I hope you are done with it and jus check out if your colleagues are stil able to use it or no if yes I think they must be using it with a secured ways using http and then you have to block it from SSL and I am sure that would surely make up your problem and then no one would be able to use that Gmail try doing it out and get rid of your difficulties

Ok what I know is that simple way only not much in deeper I haven’t used it much and the basic steps
    1) Go to sonic wall page .
    2) Then click the option of security service
    3) Then press the content filter option
    4) Then press configure option
    5) Then press custom list
    6) And then add then a keyword window will appear
    7) Type the link and /mail in that list and ok
    You are done
    I know this steps I think this is all what you have to do .