Thread: Getting redirected as well as Congratulations you won message

Getting redirected as well as Congratulations you won message

I am having computer with windows 7 OS, AMD processor, 2 GB RAM, NVidia Graphics card. I am using Eset smart security antivirus. Nowadays I am a message which says Congratulations you have won. Also I get redirected to some websites which I never want to visit. I don’t know how to remove such message and how do I get rid of this message. I also don’t want to get redirect to other site so please give me some solutions to solve the same.

Re: Getting redirected as well as Congratulations you won message

The problem would get removed if you update your Eset antivirus. So verify that your antivirus program is updated and then let your antivirus program to have full system scan. You can also go for ESET Online Scan, this is a good service from Eset as this application checks for the virus on your computer on the computer by making a online scan on your system. You need not have to worry about this utility as it is fully updated with latest virus definitions.

The coders have made this virus popularly known as Congratulations! You won! Virus. It is a forged spyware program that can duplicate itself and harm other systems. This virus is made in such a way that it is not detectable by some powerful antivirus programs. It has such powerful coding which provides it with such an invisibility power. You would found this message by surfing over internet, this generally popup through the browser so that user would click that popup and it would enter in your system.

Yes I agree that this virus or malware is usually found over internet. It generally popup and tells user that they have got some offer so that when user clicks on that it directly enters on your system. similarly the same case would have happened with you so if your antivirus doesn’t remove the same then you need to go to safe mode and then you need to perform the local computer scan or online scan. Doing this would remove this particular virus. Ahead you pass on this information to your friends to not click on such popup which is not trusted as it leads to malware entrance for your computer.

It usually happens when that particular virus have been entered into your system, so for that you need to try all the above solutions as well as you also need to download one utility which will help you to remove those virus if it is not getting removed by all normal programs. I have found that this particular virus infects the master boot record of the system. So you need to install MBRcheck utility so that it would correct the MBR of your system and would remove that particular virus.

I would suggest you some tips because this would help you to as when you would try to fix the master boot record of your operating system using some utility then there are case where that utility could damage the existing MBR and thus you might not be able to boot the system again. So better is to make a recovery CD of your operating system so that if suppose any problem occurs then the same would get resolved by having the Recovery CD on your computer.