Thread: Search results getting redirected and browser performs background search when idle

Search results getting redirected and browser performs background search when idle

I am certain problem with my browser. When I search using any search engine then I get redirected to some different sites, most of them are promotional sites. Also the search results are taking time in searching. So I look for this problem and found that my browser is performing some more activity by doing some background search whenever my browser is idle. So why all this is happening is don’t know so help me by providing solution for this.

Re: Search results getting redirected and browser performs background search when idle

This usually happens when your system is infected by some malware. So you need to detect those malwares on your system and then remove the same. You need to have a update antivirus or anti malware in order to remove that malicious programs. These programs would have entered into your system using internet, might be by downloading some software which is harmful. So update your programs and then it will remove those malicious files.

Re: Search results getting redirected and browser performs background search when idle

Sometimes even you update your antivirus programs then also it doesn’t detect those malicious files, because such malicious files have capabilities of hiding themselves and thus even if you scan your whole computer it won’t get detected. So try to boot in safe mode and then check for these malwares by scanning through these programs. Even try to view hidden files and then delete some files if you find it as not important one or if you observed it for first time.

If suppose your regular antivirus doesn’t detect these harmful files then you can try for online scanners as they check your whole computer as inform you about these files, it alerts you when the scan test is finished. You can also go for malware bytes as it is the most used application by many users in order to remove those malwares or any malicious contents. You can download the same by searching it over internet and I am sure it would be definitely useful for you.

Your search results are getting redirected because your browser has been hijacked by someone. I mean something has attacked your browser and thus you are facing this problem. So if the antivirus scanning and the above solutions don’t work then try to restart your browse, by ending the process from task manager and then restart the service again. Also look for the browser search settings as I guess you are facing the problem only with search engine so you need to look for some settings or better is to revert to the default settings and then verify whether the problem still exists.

To be simple you can uninstall the browser or install a newer version of that browser. You also need to check for this problem by using some another browser. If that problem doesn’t exist in other browser then the problem is with the previous browser. So you need to remove that browser and use other one. If this occurs in all the browser then you should do a system restore, this would revert any incompatible change that has been occurred with the system and would give back the normal working computer.

I thank all of you as you as you took your previous time out in order to provide me the solution. Well I also think that this problem I got is due to virus or malwares. So I updated my antivirus program and even I changed my browser as I was having the problem with my previous browser. Even the newer browser provided me with extra features and also with good looks. I must say that chrome browser is much better than my previous IE browser.