Thread: System waiting to terminate background process

System waiting to terminate background process

At least I consider that's what I apparently forever find on my darkening screen when shutting down Windows 7 and I get it rather irritating. Is it not starting the noticeable? If lot of the processes, which is not all the time the case, it does not usually provide me a possibility to shut them anyway as the shutdown process is continuing. Is there a way to stop that? Please if anyone knows the right solution the post here.

Re: System waiting to terminate background process

I would like to suggest you that you might observe the tutorial from the Microsoft office which can assist pace up at the time of shutdown for you. If not, then you can build a shutdown shortcut in that tutorial to force a quicker shutdown until you get the perpetrator that is not shutting down elegantly. prior to you shutdown, see in the Processes and Applications buttons in Task Manager to observe if something in there may set out to that may be the perpetrator. You can analysis and observe by killing the process or application before shutting down to notice if it shutdown ok without it running.

I handled to hold what it said before it shut down. The problem is it's on a black screen that’ why so hard to understand and only up for a moment, so evidently is not a genuine issue. It says Xerox scanner pattern is attempting to close. God only know what that is as I do not utilize any Xerox product and I, as far as I know anyway, have no Xerox templates. You should try to search. But I want to suggest you should you on the Microsoft site. Then you will get more knowledge.

As I know about this problem I am telling you. You see typically this window will pop up for me due to how leisurely my Firefox session takes to save to disk. If you have to require killing processes continuously, then that is a problem. I recommend you see via Event Viewer to observe what processes are catching up the shutdown process. Then I am sure you will able to stop the processes. Really this is very irritating problem. If you want know about it you can on Google and then you can search.

Hi, I read your problem I'll attempt and be a little much expressive solution. When shutting down. Screen darkens, logically. Then there is the “pop up box" in the center of processes shutting down, right? And the pop up box most time 9/10 does not illustrate any processes running, right? Well, I have observed that 1 out of 10 times, the taskhost.exe is attempting to shutdown correctly and. It takes always sometimes. That’s my only clarification or view on this problem.

Currently I found this window, causing what I think like is unneeded delay to the restart process and the program causing it? Windows Live Messenger. (I was not in any chats or using the software at that moment.) You would feel that Microsoft could source its own software to find out of the method throughout a shutdown. A chat program should not need time to shut files etc. but according you problem you can fix your problem. But I think you have best option that you should go Google or Microsoft site then there you will download the tutorial.

I have practiced the similar issue. And I now handled to solve it. From my understanding, it is caused by one or more not-well-designed background processes in your system, but I feel everyone has different processes causing that program, so you have to search out what's the exact incorrect process in your machine. For me, it is a process called Grid service. To ensure which process is incorrect, I advise you open task manager, switch to Processes tab, manually shut a doubtful process and attempt to shutdown windows 7. If your windows 7 can shutdown properly, then you know which process is incorrect, otherwise, do again this technique by finishing another doubtful process until you find out the cause. Once you know which process is incorrect, you may consider uninstalling a correlated program or disabling it from start-up to get rid of the issue.