Thread: Unidentified Network and IP Address Conflict bug in windows Vista

Unidentified Network and IP Address Conflict bug in windows Vista

My Windows Vista laptop is facing IP problem. I had moved my laptop to my office. I had connected this to the local area network. It is a open network which offer direct internet support. There is no need to add any kind of authentication in the same. After connecting I am getting a IP Address Conflict message on the screen. I want some help to fix this thing. I had tried various ways but nothing is working here.

It looks your laptop has a manual IP address due to which you are getting that error. To fix it right click on the network icon. Then click on Network and Sharing Center and from the right side click on Change Adapter Settings. Right click on the default network adapter and choose properties. Go in TCP/IP and set everything on default. That's it. Restart your pc and check back. This would be enough to fix the issue.

You can also use a few commands through cmd to find out the issue. Sometime a network is limited. That means any new pc connected will not get direct access. In cmd you can type ipconfig /renew and hit enter. This will renew the IP settings and done. Most of the lan network has DHCP enabled. You just have to put things on automatic and done. Your system will receive the default IP address.