Thread: Information on cloud computing

Information on cloud computing

I just bought my new hp mini netbook it is really cool gadget and it has got this feature called hp cloud drive. I don't know what it is, so I googled it and found that there is this new technology called "cloud computing" and I am curious to know more about it. So if any one knows anything about it please do share it with me. And also let me know how it works and how is it is helpful for me. Also let me know what all things I require to be able to use this feature on my netbook and can I use it on my desktop also?

Re: Information on cloud computing

Congratulations for your new Hp mini 210 netbook. the HP cloud drive is a free service provided by HP it gives you online storage space to upload your files from your pc, you can play music or videos directly from the cloud drive to programs installed on your netbook like itunes or windows media player, you can also access the data offline like your recently played music or movie, you can transfer the content directly from your iphone or other computer in the cloud drive, you can listen to the playlist later in your smartphone or netbook even if it was created on other computer and you can also create a link to share a photo album document or entire folder for collaboration.

Cloud drive then you can have access to your files just by logging in to your cloud drive account from any computer and from anywhere around the world. The tool is easy to use and configure.
    • To use the hp mini cloud drive you need to have your netbook connected to the internet.
    • Create an account for your hp cloud drive
    • after that login in to the cloud drive account and transfer the file to the

Cloud computing is a technology in which the data and applications are stored on another computer. We access these computers by simply installing their applications on our systems, there are many applications for this purpose like citrix etc. These applications allow us to access these machines through virtual private network and we can create files use applications, backup our data on them,listen to music and watch movies on them by simply usin a netbook or PDA or a computer.

Eg :- Google docs, which allows us to use microsoft office suite using this we can edit our documents save our files on it or view our presentations or excel sheets or pdf's on it etc.

To use cloud drive on your netbook you would just require an internet connection and an account with HP cloud drive the rest isa provided by hp ie; the application (HP cloud drive). And yes, you can use the cloud computing on other computer by just installing any similar application on it. Cloud drive lets you to manage your documents online so that you can view the same from anywhere and updates the documents.