Thread: Unable to use AVG Toolbar with firefox 4.0.1

Unable to use AVG Toolbar with firefox 4.0.1

I have purchased the Computer in which I have installed the windows 7 and I have installed the AVG antivirus in my computer. First I was using AVG antivirus 10 and it was working perfectly. After that I upgraded it and I also updated my Mozilla Firefox browser to 4.0.1 and now I am facing one problem with my computer. Now I am not able to use the AVG toolbar with my Firefox browser and also search adviser is not working. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: Unable to use AVG Toolbar with firefox 4.0.1

I think you can solve this problem by doing these steps. First download the installer file from internet for AVG and after that double click open it. Now it will give you option for remove and repair. Now you have to click on the repair. After repairing the AVG antivirus restart the computer. When computer restarts at that time start your Mozilla Firefox browser and check whether your problem is solved or not? I hope this trick will be helpful for you.

I referred your problem and I think you can solve this problem by doing following things. First you have to click on the Firefox button and go to the option and look for the toolbar setting. Now click on the toolbar setting and select the AVG toolbar. Now click on the enable option. After enabling it Firefox will prompt you to restart the browser. After restarting the browser you will be able to use the AVG toolbar. I hope this will solve your issue.

After reading your post I have tried to solve my problem by doing above post. First I downloaded the installer file and I have repaired the AVG antivirus. After doing that I was facing the same problem and then I tried to enable the AVG toolbar from Firefox setting. But when I tried to enable the AVG toolbar from Firefox setting at that time it showing that AVG toolbar not compatible with this Firefox version please tell me what can I do to solve this problem.

I was also trying to use the AVG toolbar in my Mozilla Firefox browser and after that I have tried so many tricks to solve this issue, but none of the trick worked for me. After that I ask my problem at Mozilla support and they have told me in reply that I have to wait for sometime as ACG toolbars is not compatible with Mozilla latest version and their team is working on that issue. that is why I will suggest you to wait for some more days. I hope this information will be helpful to you.