Thread: What do you think of Cloud Computing

What do you think of Cloud Computing

From many days I am hearing about the new technology called cloud computing. I have been hearing about this from few months but then after I decided to get acquainted with this term. I have searched for this term and found that it enables us to store our data on cloud. We can access all the daily routine services over network web rather than our local computer. I am personally doing research on this topic to know more about it. So I want to know from all of you that what you think about cloud computing, I mean should this technology be adopted or rejected.

Re: What do you think of Cloud Computing

I think it is better and would be in huge success. Cloud computing allows users to use applications without installing and access their personal files on any computer with Internet access. The cloud of computer users does not possess the physical infrastructure in place to avoid capital expenditures for the rental use of a third party provider. They consume resources as a service and pay only for the resources they use.

It is the next big step in the IT industry. IT infrastructure as a service is the direction in which the market is headed now and cloud computing is a promising solution for that. Like any technology, even the next cloud computing has few side for efficient solutions must be found for him is to achieve full acceptance by the market.
    Disadvantages include:
    1. Data security
    2. Identity Management
    3. Efficient virtualization, etc. Thanks full market leaders such as Microsoft, VMware, Sun and IBM, Open Group ... are working to come up with better solutions.

Cloud computing is greatly exaggerated and no one pays attention to what it is. At the end of the day is a technique for the rapid deployment of machines capable of parallel tasks available, the load distribution to the data center they have. The second part is the service contracts available; this is the core game, what you get and what you pay. No mystery here. Read about the SDK and contracts. That defines what you can do with the service and you have to pay to do so. Nothing could be less mysterious. It is very effective, very safe and profitable.

Good theme. Personally, I'm still thinking what to think about it. It has lots of advantages. for SMEs in particular (the cost). For companies that only look a lot like Terminal Server I guess. For this we need two connections if not more. SMB is a case. What about safety. There is much talk these days that government websites and appl. are unsafe or not secure enough. Many of leakage, online applications are increasingly under attack. A person needs to be on top of that. For now I prefer the old way and keep my home computer.

Cloud computing has the latent to rapidly look up the command of a computer company - storage, infrastructure, as well as most vital applications at a cost significantly lower than in-house systems. Most SMEs do not have the security level maintained by the cloud providers with good reputations. I cannot count the number of customers who have expressed concern about security in the cloud. Most safety issues in the user-centered not focused on technology. Cloud solutions pose no greater risk than most of the solutions at home.

I agree with some of the posts above, is now a buzzword. I think it could be a change in the industry toward that, but much later. They have to get nailed a lot of things before it is very widespread. There are some good uses tag around, don’t get me wrong, but have a lot of brainwashing and marketing for the general population. Google is the leader and is now with their online applications Doc. Everything is based on rational cost maintenance, less to maintain the cheapest it can be.

question Re: What do you think of Cloud Computing

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy_jacob View Post
    I think it is better and would be in huge success. Cloud computing allows users to use applications without installing and access their personal files on any computer with Internet access. The cloud of computer users does not possess the physical infrastructure in place to avoid capital expenditures for the rental use of a third party provider. They consume resources as a service and pay only for the resources they use.
    Hi Roxy,

Do we have the list of applications that can run on Clouds? eg, there are lot many customers running the ERP SAP, would these large applications like SAP be available on Clouds in the future?

Thanks
    Jag

Quote Originally Posted by jagovi View Post
    Hi Roxy,

Do we have the list of applications that can run on Clouds? eg, there are lot many customers running the ERP SAP, would these large applications like SAP be available on Clouds in the future?

Thanks
    Jag
    I have heard that Cloud computing expands the open source developer world and opens up new applications for businesses of any size. Many open source applications are now available on a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) basis. Cloud computing applications are accessed via a browser so they tend to be multi-platform and enable more workforce mobility.

Thecps Guest

Cloud computing is a latest web technology. In which one system's huge storage can be accessed . A storage system can be multiply itself to give faster data access to a group or organization.Moreover we can develop the open source application if we learn java programming