Thread: How to get back Google Chrome’s default setting

How to get back Google Chrome’s default setting

Hello guys, I recently started facing this particular problem with my Google Chrome which is installed in my Windows Vista running desktop PC. I don’t know but now whenever I am starting Google Chrome window or even a new tab in it, yahoo browser search page is opening instead of my default Google web page. So, I wanted to get rid of this yahoo default page and wanted to get back my default setting. Does anyone have any idea, how I can make this possible in my installed Google Chrome? Please help me.

Re: How to get back Google Chrome’s default setting

I strongly feel that, this might have caused because of virus infection in your system. You should always make sure that you have installed good antivirus software in your system, especially when you have kept your system connected to the Internet. I would recommend you to perform complete system scanning of your system and check out if any virus exists in your system or not. If detected then get rid of it as soon as possible. Also remember to always keep your antivirus updated. This will ensure complete protection from new viruses.

I would recommend you to uninstall the Google Chrome that you have installed in your system. Make sure that you are uninstalling it completely along with all the related files. Once you have uninstalled the Chrome browser form your system, download the latest available version of Google Chrome for your OS and install it in your system. Reinstalling the Chrome will remove all the settings which you had done in past and will install all the default settings of Chrome as you are freshly installing a newer version of Chrome browser in your system.

The problem might be causing due to some extensions which you have installed in your Chrome browser. Search for the extensions which are causing this issue with your browser and remove it from your system, if according to you it is not that important. Once you have uninstalled that extension, restart your browser and check for the changes. For finding out which is the real culprit, you will probably need to disable each extension one after another and check out after disabling which extension does your problem gets solved. This will prove to be little hectic if you having long list of extensions.

Following is the procedure to disable an extension from your Google Chrome browser:
    • On the top right spanner, select the Tools option
    • From the drop-down list click on extensions option
    • Now you will be able to see all the plugin which you have installed in your system
    • Disable the plugin which you think could solve your problem.
    • Restart your browser.

It might be possible that recently you might have installed some application, like the Yahoo messenger which might be consisting of Yahoo Search webpage integrated with it. On installing that application, you might have by default selected to make yahoo search engine website as your default webpage for your web browser. So most probably you should undo that. You can do so by doing System restore, to the instance when you were not facing this problem. This will roll back your system to the chosen System restore point.

jonhylever Guest

select the Tools option.
    click on option.
    Now you see all plugins you installed.
    Disable the plugin you think could solve the problem.

Wow!! That was so amazing!! It's unbelievable that you guys responded so quickly to my post. Thank you so much for showing your concern toward my issue and for giving me your valuable suggestions through your replies. I must say, you guys came as a life saver for me. I tried all the solutions you guys have mentioned above and realized that I had recently installed some extension which had caused this issue with my Google Chrome. Anyways, i just removed all the unnecessary extensions from Google Chrome and it solved the issue.