Thread: How to remove UptoDown toolbar from Google Chrome

How to remove UptoDown toolbar from Google Chrome

Please help me!! Recently, I unknowingly ended up installing Uptodown toolbar in my Google Chrome web browser. It had come up with software update and I installed it along with others. But I don’t wish to use it and thus want to get rid of it. So, I wanted to know, whether it is possible for me to remove this toolbar from Chrome. And if it is possible then how I can permanently get rid of the UptoDown toolbar from my Chrome browser. Feel free to share your suggestions, as it is always appreciated.

Re: How to remove UptoDown toolbar from Google Chrome

Yes, it is possible to remove any toolbars which you install in your web browsers. Usually you get the option to uninstall them. I have never used Google Chrome, but I can guide you in your query as I have used Internet Explorer and know how to remove toolbars in it. You just have to right click in the toolbar area, and you will find a list of all the toolbars which are installed in your web browser. Just uncheck them and a prompt will appear which will ask you weather you want to remove the tool bar and all its components from your system permanently or just want to disable it. Search for similar thing in your Google Chrome to uninstall the UptoDown toolbar.

I would recommend you to uninstall the Google Chrome browser from your system and also remove all the components which are related to it. Once you are removed the Google Chrome from your system, restart your system. After restarting, download the latest available Chrome setup and install that in your system. Restart your PC If it prompts for it. Reinstalling a fresh Google Chrome in your system would probably solve your issue and get rid of the UptoDown toolbar.

I appreciate your effort to solve my problem. I did exactly what you guys asked me to do so. I uninstalled the Chrome which I had installed in my system. Restarted the computer and then downloaded and installed the latest available Google Chrome in my system. But doing this also did not solve my issue and I was unable to remove the toolbar form Google Chrome. Anyways, thank you for your concern. Please if anyone is having any other solution, than please help me.

Your problem seems to be very complicated, so I would recommend you to check out for some third party software on Internet which can help your solve your problem and get rid of the UptoDown toolbar from Google Chrome in your system. You can use CCleaner to uninstall Google Chrome and its related files from your system. I assume it will be able to even uninstall the toolbars which are attached with your Chrome browser. I would definitely suggest you to give this method a try.

I searched for a third party software which could help you uninstall the toolbars from your Chrome browser and found one which is capable of uninstalling toolbars from Internet Explorer, FireFox and even Google Chrome. So I would suggest you to use it to solve your issue. I have attached the file along with this post. It is called Toolbar Cleaner and it will solve your problem with just one click. Make sure that you have got all the Administrative rights to run this software. You can both activate and deactivate any toolbar using the same application.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You can uninstall extenions and toolbars directly from your Google Chrome web browser. You just need to few steps and visit few links.
    • Click on the Settings Icon (Wrench icon)
    • Click on Tools option
    • Now Click on the Extensions
    • Here you will find all the toolbars and extensions installed in your system.
    • Click on Uninstall to remove the toolbar