Thread: Button to stop download file disappears in Google Chrome

Button to stop download file disappears in Google Chrome

Hello guys, I recently came across this annoying issue in my Google Chrome which is installed in Windows XP running computer system. As every Chrome user knows, when we download any file on Google Chrome you can see a small bar at the bottom part of your Chrome browser window. These bars consist of buttons which make it possible for the user to run the file by clicking on these buttons. But the button and the bar seems to be disappearing once clicked on them. Does anyone know, what’s the matter with the Google Chrome? Why it behaves so strangely? Suggestions are always appreciated.

Re: Button to stop download file disappears in Google Chrome

It is nearly impossible for the download bar to get closed by itself. I am so sure while saying this because I am using Google Chrome from very long time and I have never come across anything like this before. This issue seems to be very new one. The download bar usually does not disappear and it stays permanent at the bottom part of the Google Chrome browser, until the user forcefully closes the bar by himself. So make sure that no one is closing the download bar and its button.

The issue seems to be very strange and can be caused because of many reasons. The major one according to me which could be causing this would be some kind of virus infection. It might be possible that you might be trying to download some file which is infected with viruses or the website from where you downloading the file is infectious one and that is why your installed Antivirus which is capable of providing Internet security and monitor which websites you downloading file from, might be blocking the download and closing it by itself. So it would be better if you make sure that you not downloading files from any random websites which might be prone to viruses.

According to me there is some kind issue with the version of Google Chrome that is installed in your system. It might be out-dated and that is why these issues. It will be better if you uninstall the current Google Chrome and download a newest one and install it in your system. Or else you can directly update the Google Chrome that is installed in your system. Just open the browser and go to tools and update the browser. This will automatically update your Chrome and when prompted for restart, restart the system or the browser as asked by your operating system.

Thank you, guys for showing your concern and for your quick posts. I tried every possible suggestions suggested by you people but nothing seems to be working for me. I am unable to find why this download bar goes missing once the files are downloaded or cancelled. Where I can find these downloaded files? From where I can run them and install them? Anybody got any help or tips regarding it, please help me. It will be very kind of you to do so. Thank you in advance.

Once the files are downloaded the download bar and its buttons usually disappears in Google Chrome. This is very similar to other web browsers like the Firefox. No need to panic on this. It is very simple to search for the download files in your system. You just need to go to the download page and press ctrl+j. This will probably make the file to appear and you will be able to locate the saved location of the download file. Or else you can also go to the wrench menu and click on downloads link. This will open the list of all the downloaded files.

There is no need to panic so much on such a small issue. It is very easy to locate the download files. Once you have completed download any file by using your Google Chrome, you will see an option "show in folder". Just click on it and you will see a windows explorer appearing on the screen which will be consisting of all the files which you downloaded using Google Chrome. You can copy these files from this location and save them on any other location of your choice.