Thread: Google auto-search is redirecting to Questscan in Chrome browser

Google auto-search is redirecting to Questscan in Chrome browser

Hello guys, I am typing this query on behalf my little cousin. He has been using Google Chrome Browser in his system from a while now. He complained me that everything was working smoothly in his system. But from last 3-4 days he is facing this weird problem with his Chrome browser. Whenever he is searching for any keyword on the address bar of Chrome, instead of searching for the result in the Google search engine itself, the browser is redirecting to questscan search engine. What could be the problem which is creating this issue while using Google Chrome? Give me some suggestions to solve the issue, so that I can in turn help my cousin.

re: Google auto-search is redirecting to Questscan in Chrome browser

I also started facing this problem from yesterday night. Tried searching for solution at many places but was unsuccessful in finding a proper solution for this issue. So finally I gave up and started using other web browsers. They are not showing any such malfunctioning with them. I would also suggest you to do so. Internet Explorer, Mozilla FireFox, Opera are good options for web browser. If you are already using one of them then it is better. Or else you should probably search for them on Internet, download it and install them in your system.

re: Google auto-search is redirecting to Questscan in Chrome browser

This solution might probably work in your case. Just uninstall the current version of Google Chrome in your system and remove all the files which you find to be related to Chrome. Then download the latest available version of Google Chrome and install it in your system. This will probably remove the earlier settings which forced Google autosearch to redirect to questscan search engine, as you will be installing a fresh copy of Google Chrome with all its initial default settings. The default setting uses the Google search engine to search your query.

Re: Google auto-search is redirecting to Questscan in Chrome browser

It is possible to change your default search engine in any web browser. So I would suggest you to try changing your default search engine to Google in your Chrome browser and check whether your problem is solved by doing so or not. You should follow the below steps to change your default search engine.
    • Click on the setting icon i.e. the wrench icon on Google Chrome’s toolbar.
    • Click on Options
    • Now tap on the Basics tab and go to the "Search" section.
    • Choose the search engine which you wish to use from the list.
    • If you are unable to find the search engine which you wish to use then click on Manage search engines.
    • Select the search engine which you want to use as your default one from the dialog box.
    • Finally click on the Make Default button.

Dude I was also facing the same issue with my Google Chrome browser and fortunately I found a solution which worked wonders with me. So I would recommend you to try the same first in order to solve this issue in your cousin’s system. Click on the Start button and then click on Run. Type the following or copy paste it on the text field of run - C:\Program Files\QuestScan\uninstall.exe. This will force your system to uninstall the Questscan which was installed in your system. This did the trick for me. If you lucky enough then it will probably help you to.

Thank you, guys for showing so much interest in my problem and giving your quality suggestions. I typed the above path on run and was surprised to see something called Questscan uninstalling from the system. Luckily it worked for my cousin’s computer also. But when I asked him, did he remember installing it anytime. He said that he don’t remember installing anything like this in his system. So I wanted to know where actually this application came from and installed itself in his system. Hope to get a solution for this query as well. Thank you a lot for earlier and future help.

The Questscan might have got installed in your system with some other third party software. In my case it installed in my system when I installed the VLC player. I performed Quick install and everything installed. So then someone suggested me to install VLC by performing custom or the manual install and then I was able to install only VLC and not this Questscan search engine software. It might be similar in your case too. So, it is suggested to always look upon the files you are installing in your system.