Thread: Google Docs Vs Windows Skydrive

Google Docs Vs Windows Skydrive

Hi, I have a notebook, and I use to carry it whenever it is needed, but sometimes the problem happens with the MS office and I couldn’t able to work on it. But I got a solution for this also, my friend told me about the skydrive, and really it is the superb service through the internet. But since last week I found google docx, which is also better, but I am confused, that what to use? What is the basic difference? On which I will get the more feature? Does anyone have a quite good experience with either one? Can we synchronize the that documents to our PC?

Re: Google Docs Vs Windows Skydrive

See, both of them are superb, but the problem is like, you can do it on internet only, and that time MS office does better work offline. But if you are saying that you are having problem installing and using it, then I would suggest you to download a third party software called open office, thus you won’t have to bother about MS office anymore. This application will let you edit documents locally, without paying for M$ Office.

Both of the service is provided by the google only, rather in different words, Skydrive is a 'me too' copy of Google's service, which has been around for years. Both can open and edit the MS office documents, but skydrive is very good as it is too older, and gives more features than the Google docs. But yeah you can say, if you don’t have the MS office then either of them will going to surely help you.

I am not sure about the Google docx but skydrive is able to synchronize the documents over your computer and internet. Rather as far as I know you can not only synchronize the documents as well as other content also such as pictures, music, videos etc. While google docx didn’t support such a things, they are only mean to edit the MS office documents and nothing beyond that, so I would suggest to stick with the skydrive only.

Hello, I am using both of them, as you seems confused, I would like to suggest you to do the work in skydrive only, because it is good in all the concern, you can save up to 25 GB of data on the internet. You can say it is the secondary drive to you. In fact it is only possible to synchronize the documents using Skydrive only. Additionally we can upload the documents to servers, and all uploads will remain accessible from any other computer or web-enabled mobile phone

According to me Microsoft should combine both the products in to one, But keep the process separate between cloud storage and file synchronizing/retrieving, because not everyone need both of them. By the way I would say it is the good differentiation, but morally both of them does the same function, you can only differ those services by their usage only, and you include some of the features also that may differs both of them.

I would like suggest you that use skydrive only, as it has too many different functions that google docs doesn’t have, rather I would say as the name implies google docs can only used for the online document editing, nothing else, while skydrive is capable of storing almost each kind of file, and the main benefit is, it is giving the 25 GB of storage, By the way you can use both of them as they both are free to use.