Thread: Unable to recover accidentally closed tab on Google Chrome

Unable to recover accidentally closed tab on Google Chrome

I recently purchased a new laptop last month. I normally use this laptop for internet surfing, gaming, downloading movies and especially for chatting. I installed Google Chrome web browser in my laptop. Now it is the default browser in my laptop. I often close a tab accidentally and later on realize that the tab that I closed had some important information in it. I don’t know how to recover the closed tab again. I tried a lot but failed to get that tab again. Is anyone aware about such issues? If yes then please inform me about it.

re: Unable to recover accidentally closed tab on Google Chrome

The issue that you have posted is not complicated. But the information that you have provided me is incomplete. Before giving you any suggestions I would like to know the operating system and the version of Google Chrome browser which is installed in your laptop. After I get this information only then I can provide you the further suggestions to overcome your issue. Try to provide me this information as early as possible.

I am very grateful to you for interacting with me to overcome my issue. I will surely provide you the information that you need. The operating system that is installed in my laptop is Windows XP and I am using the latest version of Google Chrome web browser. The information that you needed is provided by me, now please try to give me your suggestions related to this issue as fast as possible, because I am very eager to know the exact solution for this issue.

The issue that you have posted seems to be quite interesting. Any user having knowledge about the web browser can easily overcome such issues. Many people have encountered such issues but it has been solved now. There are basically two ways to overcome this issue. There is a shortcut key available to get back the closed tab. I am aware about the shortcut key but I don’t know about the other way to overcome this. You can easily get back the closed tab by pressing the keys CTRL+SHIFT+T. You will get back the closed tab with the help of this keys and it will also remember the navigation history.

After I read your post I came to know about your issue. As you are not used to Google Chrome browser that is the reason you are finding it difficult to overcome. I am not aware about the shortcut keys used to overcome this issue because shortcut keys are generally difficult to remember. But I know another way to solve this issue. For that you need to perform the following steps:
    Open the Chrome browser-> right click on the tab bar-> after that select the option “Reopen closed tab”. These are the few steps that you need to perform to get back the closed tab.

Re: Unable to recover accidentally closed tab on Google Chrome

Thanks a lot for all the recommendation that you gave me to overcome my issue. I performed all the steps that you specified and it has been successful. I got back the closed tab and that tab is having the navigation history in it. Many of my friends were also facing the same issue; I forwarded the steps that you specified to overcome the issue. Now if I accidentally close any tab while surfing then I can easily recover those tabs back without any problem.