Thread: Unable to turn off the auto fill suggestion in search box on Google Chrome

Unable to turn off the auto fill suggestion in search box on Google Chrome

I recently purchased a new laptop last month. I normally use this laptop for internet surfing, gaming, downloading movies and especially for chatting. I installed Google Chrome web browser in my laptop. Now it is the default browser in my laptop. Google chrome’s speed and performance is outstanding. But yesterday while using Google Chrome I came across a strange issue. I wanted to turn off the auto fill suggestion that used to come in the search box while surfing. I don’t know how to do that. It is irritating me a lot. Is anyone aware about it? If yes then please do the needful.

re: Unable to turn off the auto fill suggestion in search box on Google Chrome

The issue that you have posted is not complicated. But the information that you have provided me is incomplete. Before giving you any suggestions I would like to know the operating system and the version of Google Chrome browser which is installed in your laptop. After I get this information only then I can provide you the further suggestions to overcome your issue. Try to provide me this information as early as possible.

I am very grateful to you for interacting with me to overcome my issue. I will surely provide you the information that you need. The operating system that is installed in my laptop is Windows XP and I am using the latest version of Google Chrome web browser. The information that you needed is provided by me, now please try to give me your suggestions related to this issue as fast as possible, because I am very eager to know the exact solution for this issue.

After I read the post I came to know about your issue. The issue irritates a lot and it is difficult to come out from such issues. I have also experienced such issues before but now it has been solved. To overcome this issue I changed my web browser. I installed Mozilla Firefox in my laptop. After that I never faced such issues. My new browser does not display the auto fill suggestion thing. I think you should try this out and inform me about the consequences.

To overcome this issue is not complicated. As you don’t have much knowledge about Google Chrome that is the reason you finding such issue difficult. You get rid from such issue you need to perform the following steps:
    Open the Chrome browser-> click on the wrench icon at the top-> click on options-> after that uncheck the option “Use a suggestion service to complete...” after you perform these steps restart your Chrome browser. This time you won’t face such issues again.

Re: Unable to turn off the auto fill suggestion in search box on Google Chrome

The issue that you have posted seems to be quite interesting. It is normally difficult to overcome such issues. A user having good knowledge about browsers can easily solve it. I know that it is very annoying. To overcome such issues I would recommend you to delete all your history that the browser is having. After deleting the history the browser won‘t display the auto fill suggestion again. Try this it out and inform me about the consequences.