Thread: Ktorrent is downloading very slowly

Ktorrent is downloading very slowly

Hello friends. Greetings to all of you. I hope that you all have been doing well. Basically, stuck up in an issue, hence, thought to ask the experienced users here. The thing is that I am using Ktorrent to download SuSE 10.3 and have the downloading has been going on now for 5- 6 hours. Whenever I made use of File transfer protocol, it would have hardly taken any time as compared to what ktorrent has been taking. I have got the DSL and expect the things to be fast. Why is such a thing happening? Guys do reply and let me know.

re: Ktorrent is downloading very slowly

Hey mate, I can help you on this. I am not sure about it. I feel that it Might be that you have not set it up properly, and merely have like two streams. On a personal note,I had about 20, and one was at 176kb/s. The additional came up to 30 - 60kb/s and I acquire every DVD ,x86_64 AMD and PPC64 in around 4- 5 hours each time. I did not have file transfer protocol alternative. The page for the 10.3 every day build I obtain said bit torrent only.

Hello. Was just surfing the internet and came across the thread. Just saw it for you and would like to tell you that the 10.3 is at GM release. If you begin an file transfer protocol stream and it moves on at 170kilo bytes per second for a small amount of time, then throttles again to a reduced amount of 60kilo bytes per second. I will immediately load up my Open Suse Linux install, and give permission to it so that it can upgrade no matter which thing it requires.

Hello. I would like to share my experience on this. I have until the end of time established that the Suse torrents are slower as compared to http or we can say ftp. I am unaware of it, why such a thing happens. Plenty of Internet Service Providers strangle bit torrent ports. I would advise you to make use of a substandard port, facilitate protocol encryption, and attempt not to facilitate unencrypted connections. That may narrow it down to little seeds, nevertheless if it does not, it may merely get you several additional bandwidth back that you Internet Service Provider is thieving.

Hello. I am certain that this is because of dissimilar policies among ISPs.I have forever used Azureus. When configured by the wizard it suggests non standard ports. I have until the end of time used one. You also require to open the port in firewall together Transmission Control Protocol and User Data Protocol. NAT needs the same, of course. As for Suse I forever obtain my complete momentum as soon as there are a hardly any peers, my line is 1 Mb up and down, so my torrent pace is similar to a hundred kilo Bytes.

Hello friends. I would like to inform that at one time I used to acquire 15Mb/s streams on my device, and also obtained emails announcing how they take big file requests, and provide them elevated priority and zip them along to you, also a TV saleable, however as far as I can say, they throttle my DLs to 1Mega bytes per second each time. I have in fact started at 2Mb/s, and saw it go down on a site which does not usually do that, so I am aware that it is my Internet service Provider.

Re: Ktorrent is downloading very slowly

Hey mate, looking at the above posts, it appears that you have got more than sufficient information. On a whole, I would put it in this way by saying that dropping the upload pace of a bit torrent client which affect your download rate pessimistically, preferably you should put your upload momentum to be a little kilo bytes a smaller amount than your utmost upload velocity. Consequently for a connection that allows you go at 200kb/s, for example, I would set it to approximately 30 to 35kilo bytes per second upload speed.