Thread: Google Chrome extensions to keep Facebook chat open

Google Chrome extensions to keep Facebook chat open

Hello guys, I am using Google Chrome browser in my Windows 7 running desktop PC. It’s being few days now that I am searching for ways to keep my Facebook chat bar at the bottom right side of the Facebook page open in all Chrome tabs. Is there any way to do so? Or any extensions which will leep the chat bar open always whenever I am browsing another websites, then also. If anybody is having any information regarding my problem, then please help me with your quality suggestions.

Re: Google Chrome extensions to keep Facebook chat open

Sorry, dude I don’t think there is any such kind of extensions available for Google Chrome yet which can make it possible to keep the Facebook chat open on all the tabs or websites you visit. Facebook chat it ON only when you are logged in to your Facebook account. Thus it sounds to be little complicated to get any method or software or extensions for your Google Chrome which can make the following possible for you. Still I would suggest you to look for some software for the same on Internet.

I am not sure about any kind off Extensions for Google Chrome which will make this possible for you. But still if you really want any such method or extensions which will make it possible to stay online or keep your Facebook chat open in bottom right side of all the tabs which you open or website that you visit. For this I would suggest you to visit the Chrome Web Stores and search for the extensions on the Chrome Web stores. If any related extensions are available then you will find it on the official website of Chrome Web stores.

I am not sure whether this solution will actually help you solve your issue or not, but I would like to share what I have come to know. I read somewhere that the following extensions “Facebook Chat - 1.2” is capable of providing the users with the features which you are want. So I would recommend you to search for the following software on Internet and download the setup file on your system by visiting the official website of Chrome Extensions. Once you have installed the following extension in your Chrome, restart the browser and login to your Facebook account. Rest you will notice the changes.

Hey, dude I also have got a shortcut which will directly pop out the Facebook Chat in your Google Chrome tab. And it won’t even require installing any kind of extensions or software. It is just a small trick. Add the below bookmarklet to your bookmarks bar. It would be better if your name it for remembrance like you can call it Fb chat.
    Code:
    javascript:var popup=window.open('http://www.facebook.com/presence/popout.php', 'http://www.facebook.com/presence/popout.php','width=750, height=500, location=no, menubar=no,status=no, toolbar=no, scrollbars=yes, resizable=yes');

After searching a lot for your desired query on the official website of Chrome Web Store, I finally found an extension called FB chat which is exactly what you are looking for. The best feature of the “FB Chat” extension is that if you are sending a conversation message and if the recipient goes offline then the chat message will be sent to the inbox. But this is possible if both are using this new service of Facebook message. Also the extension is available in make languages like English, Arabic and others. The extension also enables the user to see the see his/her friend’s status. Go to the following path after visiting the Chrome Web Store website: Extensions > Social & communication > FB Chat

Thank you, people for sharing your information with me and solving my issue on time. All the last three solutions were very helpful. I tried one after another and everything worked to solve my issue. But after trying all three I decided to go by the last solution and downloaded and installed the FB chat extension in my Google Chrome. Now, finally I will be able to stay in contact with all my friends with the help of these amazing extensions and methods. Once again thank you a lot.

Hi, here is a link for the FB chat extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...dldamnegaicgpo
    Last edited by henedy; 26-05-2011 at 02:58 PM.