Thread: Extension to add keywords, tags and a description to bookmarks in Google Chrome

Extension to add keywords, tags and a description to bookmarks in Google Chrome

Hello guys I have been using Google Chrome from a while now. It is pretty fast and the looks are also cool but I feel few features are missing from the version of Google Chrome I am using. The ability to add keywords, tags and a description to the bookmarks is missing in Google Chrome. Tagging makes it much easier to identify and search for any particular items relevant to the topic. So I was looking for some kind of extension that could solve my query. Suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Extension to add keywords, tags and a description to bookmarks in Google Chrome

According to me you must be using some older version of Google Chrome in your system, and that is why you are unable to add bookmarks, tags and descriptions. So it would be better if your update the Google Chrome browser which you have installed in your system into the latest Google Chrome currently available. You just need to start the browser. Click on the Help menu in the main menu bar and click on Update option. This would probably update your Google Chrome browser. Make sure you are connected to Internet. If you are unable to perform this, then download the latest version of Google Chrome in your system from the official website of Chrome and install it in your system.

Re: Extension to add keywords, tags and a description to bookmarks in Google Chrome

The feature to add keywords, tags and descriptions to the bookmarks in the Bookmarks manager is completely missing in all the versions of Google Chrome. So, the only solution for this issue is to change the browser. I would recommend you to download the latest version of Mozilla Firefox and install it in your system. Download the setup from the official website of Mozilla Firefox. Mozilla Firefox has got all the features to add bookmarks and tags in the Bookmark Manager, which you are looking for.

After searching a lot for your issue on Internet, I came across this extension for Google Chrome “Enhancements for Google Bookmark” which could allow you to add or remove labels from a query. You can add a small link (a “+” or “-”) next to each bookmark label on Google Bookmarks to do so. This will allow you to control your search within your Google bookmarks. I would suggest you to search “Enhancements for Google Bookmark” on Internet. You will found many download links. Visit the first site after you perform search and install the extension from the site. Restart your browser and you will see the changes.

I have got a small tweak which will makes it possible for us to add a keyword to the bookmarks by making the bookmark dialog in Google Chrome to display an option to do so. Keyword bookmarking in Google Chrome is as easy as managing your search engines. Follow the below steps to add keywords to the bookmarks:
    1. Right-click the omnibox (address bar) of Google Chrome
    2. Select "Edit search engines" option and click on it
    3. Add a search engine.
    4. Insert any Name that you can recognize.
    5. Enter the keyword which you wish to use.
    6. Enter the URL for your bookmark in the given URL box.

After searching for a proper solution for your query, I found this particular extension which can prove to be very useful in tagging and managing bookmarks in your Google Chrome. So I would suggest you to search for the “Le Tags: Tagging and Bookmark Management” on Internet and download the extension file and install it in your Chrome browser. Once you have installed it, you will notice an icon next to the address bar (omnibar) of your Google Chrome browser which looks very much like few tags on a ring. You can click on it while you are surfing web will add a bookmark with tags along with the usual icon of star. It will also place a management screen for bookmarks which will be consisting of quick launch links. Filtering of tags and folders is also possible while you are searching.