Thread: Is it safe to use passter chrome extension?

Is it safe to use passter chrome extension?

I am using Google chrome web browser and I visit lots of websites daily. The browsing becomes easy through this browser and as I visit more number of websites using this browser, I wanted to a password manager for this browser so that it can remember my passwords for different websites. I surfed for a password manager for chrome and I found several sites saying to use passter as a extension to chrome for managing all the passwords. So I wanted to know whether it would be safe to use this password manager.

Re: Is it safe to use passter chrome extension?

I have heard about this password manger and I can give you some points about it so that you could have an answer for your query. Passter is a new extension for chrome and it is not so famous, so I guess you are not confident using this password manager. Although it is not having many users approval for using it, but as far as I have heard about it, it says that it is going to be popular in coming days with more privacy features so that it would be used by several users.

I think that there are no issues related to privacy things with passter. So you could use it to manage your passwords for different websites. You could get one more feature of it that it stores your password on to your Google docs account, and only one could get this who knows your Google account passwords. You don’t have to worry regarding passter because it doesn’t do any hidden activity, i.e. there is no such hidden code which transfers to any unknown servers or it doesn’t do any such internal communication which is hidden from passter users.

It is a much secure password manager which is available to Google chrome users. You are not required to register or give any type of identity about you to passter server. It doesn’t want you to create any type of passter account, as well as there is no server side code, it is functioned only to client side. So I am sure that passer is a safe application and there is no need to worry regarding this so I would recommend you to use this password manager confidently.

Many of them decide about the chrome extension’s privacy by seeing that how many users use the particular extension. Although it’s a good choice to get information about such extension by doing this, but one thing to remember is that Google doesn’t allow any extension to chrome browser which is malicious or which steals user data. One good thing about the passter is that it doesn’t send the encrypted password, keys to any other server except Google.

Passter stores all your manger passwords to your Google account which you may find on Google docs. It is based on OAuth protocol which is used for authentication as well for authorization of the Google account. This manager doesn’t even store your Google user Id or password, it basically uses token system in order to retrieve or update stored password in an authenticated medium. So I think it is much secured than other password manager tools and you can use it with no doubts.

If ever you want to access your passwords online or through other computers than you could get this because as passter stores all the passwords on your Google account in Google docs, so by just signing in to your Google account would provide you with all your passwords. It is safe chrome extension and you would get your passwords from Passter folder in Google docs. Also it uses master keys for encryption as well it works on secured protocols.