Thread: How do I export my delicious bookmarks

How do I export my delicious bookmarks

I am new to the internet world and i am still a moron . I use internet for visiting and working on specific websites , so I store all my bookmarks using delicious bookmarking service , it contains all the list the website s that I visit and working without that would be impossible for me. And to find all the links again It would take me weeks to search the link ‘s on which I have worked and some links which I haven’t visited since ages would be completely lost as I don ‘t even remember domain name or any idea from where did I received it . some one please help me how do I get export all bookmarks to my computer so that I can keep a back up of it .

Re: How do I export my delicious bookmarks

There are many ways to export your book marks from delicious to ……………. these dots are the endless browser and devices on which you want to have them . you could use tools like instraight which is online and free to use . for exporting your delicious bookmarks , please specify what way you want the back up of your bookmarks on your hard-drive or in your browser . Because there are different ways in which the export’s take place

You can export your delicious bookmarks directly to your internet explorer web browser by using the following these steps :

1. First login to your del.icio.us account than go to settings and click on export/backup. Now click on export to html option.
    2. the browser will then prompt you and ask for your permission to save the file , click on save button , this will save the entire bookmarks on your hard –drive .

This will save the bookmarks on your hard- drive . Now to make them available for your browser open your internet explorer , click on file option in menu tab , then choose import and export option in it If you have some previous stored bookmarks on your browser then you can also import/upload them tool to transfer a copy of them into delicious . and you are done know use can use them directly into browser . happy bookmarking

Different user have different choices one can choose to export them and then choose to import them using services like, Faviki, Diigo and Xmarks . on exporting the file , it would normally be saved with an .html extension this can be again imported into your firefox by going on bookmarks and then choose bookmarks toolbar and then click on the icon with start import . I think you won ‘t be able to see the tags because even if they are imported it won ‘t show up because it can be only viewed by the above services that I mentioned .

Sometime s the file may get saved in a an xml format, which poses a problem when we try to import such a file into Firefox because Firefox searches for a file with a .htm or .json extension, the best way to overcome this is use Firefox delicious extension and then log in with it after that log out of delicious keep the bookmark open in your browser uninstall delicious extension if you don‘t plan to use it. I guess this should work.