Thread: Does chrome detects the input language automatically?

Does chrome detects the input language automatically?

I am using Google chrome web browser and I usually use all the extensions of this browser for added functionality. I use the following languages i.e. English, Spanish as well as French while chatting or searching information while using this browser. While I use these languages then I want my browser to automatically detect the language which I input as well as do spell check for this language automatically. So is it possible that Google chrome does these things automatically.

Re: Does chrome detects the input language automatically?

You are absolutely right that it very annoying when chrome doesn’t automatically the inputted language. If it does so then it would be very easier to use this browser and we would get more familiar with it. I guess that spell checker should automatically detect the language which we input through chrome browser, so that if it would select the language automatically then it would perform the spell check for that particular language automatically.

I even think that it would be nice if spell check detects the language which we input automatically. But it is not possible yet with this browser as far as I know. The main problem with the browser is that when we input the text in any particular language then spell check performs the grammar as well as spell check for the language which you have selected. If you type some word of another language then it would give you a error for that language words.

You want to perform spell check for multiple languages and this should be done by chrome browser automatically. However this is not possible with the browser because spell check starts performing the checking for the word which you type first and it considers it as a default language for spell check. As you want it to be done for multiple languages, but the software doesn’t have such powerful capabilities so that it would detect it automatically.

This is not possible with the browser to perform the check automatically for different languages. If you write something in a particular language then spell check would do its task to check any error for that language and if you type something in a different language then spell check would give you a error for that language words. So if you go and select another language which you are writing now, then spell check would give errors for previous languages. So this feature is not currently available with the browser.

If you try to input text in different languages then the browser would definitely give error for the language which is not in use. So I guess you may try a trick which can be helpful. Open one window and write any input then spell check would be active for that language. Now open another instance of the same browser and go on typing in other language for which you want to type. I know it’s a bit difficult task but for a temporary basis you can use this solution for your query.

The only thing you can do is to wait for a future update by Google chrome. There are lots of such queries in which several users have suggested Google to have the spell check facility for multiple languages. I guess Google would soon release this feature so that users could have the spell check done for multiple languages within same browser as well as it does it automatically, but it would surely take a time since it takes a lots of coding work for having such a wonderful feature.