Thread: chrome error "Google update installation failed with error 0x80040154"

chrome error "Google update installation failed with error 0x80040154"

I am using DELL laptop in which I am using windows 7. I have recently started using Google chrome for internet browsing. Sometimes I also the Mozilla Firefox also, some days before I found the Google chrome 11 beta version on internet. I downloaded that and when I tried to install that at that time it is giving me this message "Google update installation failed with error 0x80040154". I am not able to update the Google chrome. Please give me some solution for that.

Re: chrome error "Google update installation failed with error 0x80040154"

I am using Google chrome also and I have also downloaded the Google chrome beta version. After downloading that installer I tried to install the Google chrome update and I have installed it successfully. I think there is something wrong with your installer file that is why I suggest you to download the installer file again in your laptop and after that try to install the Google chrome. I hope after doing that you will not face any problem with installation.

I have read your problem about installing the Google chrome. If you are not able to install the Google chrome 11 beta even after trying so many times then I think you should wait for the Google chrome 11 stable version release. Because whenever that version will be available on internet at that time your browser will automatically update the Google chrome in latest version. I hope this information will be helpful to you. If you want to know anything more then let me know.

If you want to install the Google chrome beta version properly then I think you should do following steps. First uninstall the Google chrome 10 from your laptop. After that that run Ccleaner and delete all the temporary files from your laptop. Now after doing that restart the laptop. After that install the Google chrome 11 in your laptop, I think after cleaning the temporary files you will not face any issue with Google chrome installation. I hope this trick will solve your issue.

[B]After watching your post about uninstalling the old version of Google chrome, I have tried exactly same thing. First I have downloaded the Ccleaner in my laptop and after that I uninstalled the Google chrome from my laptop. After uninstalling the Google chrome from my laptop I run the Ccleaner in my laptop. After that I installed the latest version successfully. Thank you so much for all your help and information. I really appreciate you all the help.