Thread: Unable to add print button in Google Chrome

Unable to add print button in Google Chrome

I recently purchased a new laptop last month. I normally use this laptop for internet surfing, gaming, downloading movies and especially for chatting. I installed Google Chrome web browser in my laptop. Now it is the default browser in my laptop. I wanted to add a print button in the bookmark bar but I don’t know how to do that. I tried a lot but I failed to do that. Is anyone aware about this issue? If yes then please let me know how to do that.

Re: Unable to add print button in Google Chrome

Your issue looks to be quite complicated for me. I normally use Firefox as my default browser in my laptop. I have never used Google Chrome web browser. In Firefox, there is a print button available so users don’t need to add the print button separately. I don’t have much knowledge about Google Chrome. I know how to add print button in Firefox but I don’t know how to do that in Chrome Browser. So I won’t be able to provide the necessary suggestions that you need to overcome your issue.

After reading your post I came to know about your issue. To add a print button in Google Chrome browser is not a complicated task. Most browsers provide a print button, so users never need to search exact menu selection or depend on remembering the keyboard combination. In Chrome browser there are a several print button extensions but many people reported that it doesn’t work. You can easily add a print button to your Bookmarks bar but for that you need to perform some steps. I don’t know the exact steps to do that because I never required a print button. My colleague is aware about it. I will get that steps and inform you about it as early as possible.

The issue that you have posted seems to be quite interesting. I am aware about the steps that are required to add a print button on your Bookmark bar. The essential steps that you need to perform are as follows:
    1. First open Chrome Browser
    2. Right on the Bookmarks bar and after that click on Add page
    3. In the name field of the Textbox enter the word print
    4. In the textbox URL enter the following command:
    javascript:window.print()
    5. Finally make sure that the Bookmarks bar folder is selected and after that click on OK button else just drag the link to your Bookmarks bar.

Thanks a lot for the recommendation that you have given to overcome my issue. I performed all the steps that you specified and now I am successfully able to add the print button on my Bookmarks folder. Many of my friends faced such issues but after you gave me the solutions I forwarded it to all of them who were facing such issues. Now they are able to add the print button in their Bookmarks folder. I am very grateful to you for helping me to overcome this issue