Thread: cannot change google chrome icon

cannot change google chrome icon

I am using Acer laptop and I am using windows vista in my laptop. I normally use the Mozilla Firefox browser in my laptop, but before one day I installed the Google chrome and after that I was using it without having any issues. But whenever I try to change the icon of the Google chrome but I am not able to do that. After that I also tried to copy and paste but I am not able to do it. Please tell me what I should do to fix this issue. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: cannot change google chrome icon

I have gone through your issue as you have said that you are not able to change the Google chrome icon and you are also not able to copy and paste the icon also then I think you should check one thing first. Try to change the icon of some other browser or other application. If you are able to do that I think there is something wrong with your Google chrome installation, but if you are not facing any issues with it then I think there something wrong with your operating system.

If you are not able to change the icon of the Google chrome then I think you should try to solve this problem by performing these steps. First uninstall the Google chrome and after that search on the internet for its updated version. If there are any updates are available then download it. After that install it in your system, After that try to do copy and paste of that icon I hope after doing that you will not face any issues with your Google chrome.

I have gone through your issue as you have said that there is problem with changing the icon of Google chrome. First of all check the icon which you are trying to change is not original. Make sure that you are trying to change the icon of its shortcut file. First check this thing, because you cannot change the icon of original file. I hope after checking this thing you will be able to solve your issue and after that you will be able to change the icon. Please let me know if you have any difficulty after that.

If you are still getting the same problem and if you are facing this problem same kind of problem with so many icons then I think there Is something wrong with your operating system. That is why I suggest you to take the bootable disk of your operating system and then insert it in your system after that repair your operating system and then you will not face this problem again with your system. I hope this trick will fix your issue.

After reading your post I have checked all other icons and I have found that I am not able to change the other icons also after that I tried to solve my problem by repairing my operating system with the help of bootable disk. After repairing my operating system my problem gets solved. Now I am able to change the icons and also copy and paste it. Thank you so much for all your replies and all your help. Your ideas really worked for me. I really appreciate your help.