Thread: Facebook warning "your computer appears to have a virus"

Facebook warning "your computer appears to have a virus"

I was on my Facebook account tonight and suddenly pulled him and given a "team seems to have a virus" warning, namely a "Yahos" virus. My other account is fine for now, no such error. Facebook wants me to download McAfee, but I'm obviously reluctant. I scanned my computer with my two products, free Avast and Malware bytes Anti-Malware. Nothing was found. I cannot find any information about the online thing "yahoos' Well, although I do not take it as gospel. I have contacted Facebook from work account and I'm talking to them." I can be relatively sure that the scans have been found virus if they were really there? Be Malware bytes Avast is very good and true. It is also strange that only alerted to the account of one. I hope it stays that way.

Re: Facebook warning "your computer appears to have a virus"

What program warned you about this? If not Avast, I'd be very skeptical. Sounds like a rogue, trying to trick you into downloading some malware. I have not seen it, but I have not been on my Facebook account in a while (about a week or so ago). See what if anything I can find on this thing. How do you find facebook or believe you have a virus that is a complete mystery. You may only have encountered a system failure.

I began to suspect, or the PC did, because I had my two accounts (one is an account of the game) open at once, one in Ireland and one in Firefox. They must have seen the same IP address and thought it was something like a zombie computer to do or something. Still, my other account still works. I will continue to send an email, sent them again today. Try this out and may it works.

OK, I used my old laptop to get my account restored not actually try to download the whole suite of McAfee security, even though still enough to run a full scan when the time comes that you ever need to use the new (grave need of updating anyway, and that have not used it since March). I'm more confident now that the barrier is legit, but seriously needs to reconsider its approach. My last question remains, I can be reasonably sure of my current team is good or there is some recent steps to take?

I agree, social sites are great for finding friends and trafficking - if used correctly. Also, as you mentioned, can also be a haven for hackers, virus and other malicious programs that do not want. It is important to follow good safety practices when using these sites. Sorry about your Facebook account problems caused by the virus. For me, using Twitter to your blog, and have a separate account for personal use of Facebook.