Thread: Mozilla tackles slow Firefox add-ons

Mozilla tackles slow Firefox add-ons

Mozilla has announced a cleaning on the sluggish Firefox add-ons. In a new post, add-ons for Mozilla product manager Justin Scott describe the events the association will take to minimize the slowdown. Mozilla is starting the benchmarking process supplements the list of the 100 to see how they affect the start time of browser. Scanned the list of titles will soon be extended to all new versions of all the add-on, and Mozilla plans to include the reference figures such as page load time as well. Warnings appear in the add in the gallery along the supplements that increase boot time by 25 percent or more, with warnings in Firefox add-on Manager in the near future.

Re: Mozilla tackles slow Firefox add-ons

FlashGot, Adblock (disabled in BT) and Xmarks. I have them installed. Cold start speed of Firefox is necessary to improve, a lot. Hopefully this will enable developers to make the code more optimized. Flashgot I mean, should not delay the onset of cold, must pay what the page is loaded after the sample browser. Apple use methods to make you feel things fast: do things thinking. IOS feels smooth and fast, as it has these stupid animations to let the user know you are doing things. If the cold start up Firefox displays a pop entertainment, everyone thinks it's lightning fast.

Having several browsers right around can only is a good thing. There is nothing wrong with a little copy of good features. People seem to blame the problems on the speed of Mozilla Firefox instead of the shite bit that you cannot code (Jesus where did that come from? Do not talk like that!). If you run without addons of Firefox (I), then the start time is almost instantaneous for me.

It is so good that they are reaching out to developers. They are the reason Firefox is so attractive to many people, as they provide all the additional features many enjoy. At the same time, which are impeding the performance of Firefox and the image due to poor coding? Complete code audits should be required before approval of relief when the site is hosted on official Firefox add-ons.

Jumping to conclusions is not friend. IE I do not like everything, but as previous comments have said IE9 right. But I'm a Chrome user through and through. To be honest the speed tests are all roughly the same as the opera and chrome are the fastest of the bunch, but by a tiny margin. Do you think that is how the appearance to the user. You can see that Firefox 4 in my opinion has taken the simplistic chrome appearance which I think is better. More properties screen.

I do not care if No Script slows startup time by 16%, I still use it. If Mozilla really cares about speed, which they ship with the popular Firefox about: config settings established. It is as if the launch speed is more important anyway. Just set up once per session. When you want real speed is when the web page loads. I’ve got flash got - 40%, adblock plus - 25%, greasmonkey 20% and download status bar - 15% installed.