Thread: Protecting password stealing from Mozilla firefox

Protecting password stealing from Mozilla firefox

Hey I want to know how to protect my accounts from being getting misused. Because I am Being told by my friends that someone is misusing my account. Actually they thought its me who is doing all this down market things, But they realized its me when it actually happened to them when I was with them only. I came to know that its because someone is trying to get passwords which I stored in the cache memory of the Mozilla firefox!

Re: Protecting password stealing from Mozilla firefox

I understood what your asking about, Here's a simple and effective local weakness in Mozilla Firefox that you might be knowing about. Listen carefully and you yourself only try to figure out what actually you should do now… If a particular user sets FF to save passwords, then you can recover them. see the top ,then go to TOOLS - OPTIONS - SECURITY - PASSWORDS - SAVED PASSWORDS - SHOW PASSWORDS .You will currently have the have full list of the users accounts and passwords. a little people use the same passes for sites as email.. so as I said, you can now just imagine what this set might unlock.

Ya exactly, Its same as any other browser, the password information must be stored in a reversible form if the browser has to use it automatically. You can even protect the stored passwords by entering a master password . By doing this, the information about the password will be stored in encrypted form, so now no one can misuse it and it can only be accessed only when you enter the master password.

Hey I tried this and I understood it properly but I want to know the ways by which I can remove my master password so give me the steps by which I can remove my master password because its showing me some problems while changing the master password..also provide me the rules that are to be followed while changing the password. I have tried it a lot but its not being effective enough.Thanks in advance.

I would like to tell you that you can change the master password anytime you want to change, Ypu can even remove the password if you want to,
    The steps for changing the password.

1. At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button or the Tools menu in Windows XP, and then click Options on the menu bar, then you need to click on the Firefox menu and select Preferences ... Now just click on the Edit menu and select Preferences.
    2. Click for the Security icon.
    3. Click Change Master Password.
    4. Enter the current password to confirm you are genuine and authorized to change it
    .Rules to be followed for changing the password.
    There should be atleast one capital letter
    Minimum one digits should be entered
    Try to have At least one special symbols such as the following: @ # $ % ^ & * ( ).
    Now most important thing to remember is to make your password something which is easy for you to remember, but very hard for others to guess. This will ensure you that no one else will be able to retrieve this secure information.I hope I have helped from myside.. So now decide the best password as per your point of view.