Thread: Mozilla Firefox 12 crashes when i close it

Mozilla Firefox 12 crashes when i close it

I am using computer in which I have MAC OS X 10.7. I have recently update Mozilla Firefox in my computer and then it has started giving me annoying problem. Now whenever I start Mozilla Firefox in my computer at that time it works fine and then when I close on close button at that time it crashes. First I thought clearing the cache and cookies will solve this problem but after deleting the cache and cookies also I was facing same problem. I have also tried to solve this problem by starting the Mozilla Firefox with add on disabled but that does not make any difference. Before updating the Mozilla Firefox I was not facing this problem. if anyone knows how to solve this problem then let me know thank you in advance.

Re: Mozilla Firefox 12 crashes when i close it

I have read your problem and according to me you should try to solve this problem by deleting the org.mozilla.firefox.plist file and restarting the Mozilla Firefox browser again. This problem normally occurs when preference files of browse gets damaged and that is why I am suggesting you to remove org.mozilla.firefox.plist file and restarting the Mozilla Firefox. To delete org.mozilla.firefox.plist file you have to go to the Library folder and then open Preferences folder. Now look for the org.mozilla.firefox.plist file and then you have to delete it. After deleting the org.mozilla.firefox.plist file you have to start Mozilla Firefox again and then check whether you get same problem or not? if you face same problem after deleting the preference file of Mozilla Firefox also then you should remove Firefox from your system and then install it again and then check what the result is. try this solution and let me know what the result is.

After looking at above solution I have removed org.mozilla.firefox.plist file from the preferences folder and then I have started Mozilla Firefox again in my system but at that time also I get same problem. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling Mozilla Firefox but that does not helped to me get rid of this problem. if anyone have solution regarding this problem then let me know.

Open Mozilla Firefox in your computer and then you have to go to the presences. In preferences window you have to click on the advanced tab and then select general. Now you have to uncheck “Use hardware acceleration when available” option and then click on OK. After doing that you have to check whether it resolves your problem or not? Similar problem occurred with me also and then I have first open Firefox in my computer with add-on disabled but at that time also it was giving me same problem. After that one of my friend have told me to uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available option from the Firefox preferences and then I have tried that solution and my problem get solved. I think you should try this solution and then check whether Firefox crashing problem get solved or not?

I have opened preferences in Mozilla Firefox browser and then I have disabled Use hardware acceleration when available option from advanced tab and then clicked on Ok. After clicking on the OK button when I restarted Mozilla Firefox at that time it was not giving me same problem. now all the things in my computer are working like a charm. Thank you for helping me.