Thread: Cannot connect to internet via wifi adapter (broadcom 802.11n)

Cannot connect to internet via wifi adapter (broadcom 802.11n)

I am facing some issue with the wifi adapter. I am having the Toshiba Satellite A665-3DV. It is having the Windows 7 64bit sp1 installed in that. The problem happens randomly. I am not able to connect to the internet. I am using NetGear DGN2000 ADSL modem. I tried to establish the connection many of the times but all the times it fails to connect to internet. If I use the Ethernet cable then there is no problem in connecting to the internet. This is very strange. Is anyone of you can provide me some solution for this then it will really be a great help for me.

Re: Cannot connect to internet via wifi adapter (broadcom 802.11n)

This is seem to be problem with the driver that you are using and so you are getting that internet connection issue. All you can do is to load the Toshiba supplied wireless driver intended for the WiFi over again and see if that can resolve the issue for you. You can download the suitable file on the desktop and after that double click on that to install that on your computer. I wish that this will help you. You can reply me back if that doesn’t help you.

Thank you so much sir for your quick reply. Firstly I also thought that the problem is with the driver and so I did the same but that was not helpful to resolve the issue. So driver is not the reason for that. I have tried many of the other solutions for this but nothing helps me. Now I am completely depend on the replies of you people at the time and hope that I will get the exact solution soon.

I recommendation to you is to change the Windows Update to only permit manual updates. While you see for the updates then never allow Windows Update to modify any of the Toshiba supplied hardware drivers. Go to ‘Start > All Programs > Windows Update', from the menu on left click the 'Change settings', that is beneath 'Important updates' click on drop down menu which is by right, choose 'Never check for updates (not recommended)', after that click on 'OK'.

You can go to control panel > network and internet> network and sharing and from there switch on network discovery, after that (from the left) click the manage my network, beneath lan otherwise high speed if u are connecting by Ethernet association (wired) right click to the local area connection select properties box which open up the interface for internet protocol V4 tcp/ip. Double click on it. The box contain 2 alternative on top two at the bottom place a dot next to IP address automatically and get DNS server address mechanically. Click on next and after that ok over again. Try to connect to the internet again. Good Luck!!!

If wireless you need to know the name of the network and if you use a wep key to access these are the steps Click Start> connect to the box with 2 lines on the bottom select the first oen that says "configuration or a network connection" box that appears, select "manually connect to a wireless network" the box is to enter your network name (the name of your wireless network) and then enter the security type (WEP more likely) then ignore TKIP and enter the security key pass phrase. then together then connect.

FIXED - SOLVED - UNABLE to CONNECT BROADCOM 802.11n

*************************** SOLVED *********************

Under windows 7 mine would connect "sometimes" briefly then say unable to connect .

To fix I went to the Broadcom 802.11n Network adaptor properties, then on the advanced tab I went down the list until I found "WAKE-UP MODE" which I set to "ALL"

Now it connects first go and stays connected.

If this works for you send me a quick email if you dont mind to andrew@firmtech.com.au. Cheers AR