Thread: Connecting iTunes Home Sharing to iPhone over VPN

Connecting iTunes Home Sharing to iPhone over VPN

I just want to know a simple question whether this method will work or not? Well just to inform you all that I have successfully connected to the network but I was unsuccessful in getting the home sharing to work. I just want to know if anyone else who have tried with the same method then do revert back to me as it will be very useful for me to derive some useful information from all of you. So anyone interested who would like to give some information to me then please do note down here.

Re: Connecting iTunes Home Sharing to iPhone over VPN

Well it certainly does works under wifi connection but not through the vpn I have personally experienced it and I have seen it that it does works very well with the wifi connection. So that’s what I have to say here and I am sure that it will be of immense help for all of you. So do try connecting it via. Wifi and see if that solves the problem or not. Well this is what I have to say about the solution for this problem. In case if anyone has got successfully connected via. VPN then so let me know about it.

Check if you are using the latest version of the Apple iTunes because i have heard that the latest version of iTunes which is 10.2 version does includes the features which are being mentioned here. So check if your iTunes is updated or not. The latest version includes the improved Home Sharing feature that will help you solve the problem that you are currently facing now. So that’s my suggestion for you. Do read it properly and implement it accordingly and I am sure you will get the solution that you were looking for.

See what you have to do is download the Beacon software in the host machine and in the connection dialog box you will have to click the beacon enabled dialog box. Now rest all are the same in the service name and the service type you must be having information on what to type. Now in the remote computer connect your remote network over the VPN. After having done that Launch iTunes on the remote computer. The result is that you should see your other computers iTunes library. So that’s my suggestion for you. Do remember Beacon software is the most important tool here.

See if you are not getting any proper solution from all the suggestions given above then it is better to have a talk with the apple people regarding the solution they will better instruct you with the solutions and what you will have to do is follow them accordingly. This is the last option that I can give it to you if none of the above solutions are working for you. So I hope you have got my suggestion do follow it accordingly.

Thanks for the help, I must say downloading Beacon software did really help me a lot. That really solved the problem for me. So thanks a lot for all the important suggestions that you have given me, without your support it was not possible for me to solve all this problem. I am really happy with the positive result that I have got here and all the credit goes to you guys for helping me out here.