Thread: How to shift the Bookmarks Toolbar to the top in Opera 11

How to shift the Bookmarks Toolbar to the top in Opera 11

Recently I came across reviews about the new Opera 11 and I found them to be really impressive. So I decided to download it in my computer which is running Windows Vista in it. I downloaded and installed it in my system. But after installation I had noticed that the Bookmarks bar was missing in it and I wish to get it back and that to on top. Is it possible to do so? If yest then how can I make it happen in my browser? Please help me. Your suggestions are really appreciated.

re: How to shift the Bookmarks Toolbar to the top in Opera 11

I have also installed Opera 11 in my system and did not find the Bookmarks window missing after installing it my windows 7 running laptop. I suppose you must have installed some corrupt setup of Opera 11 which is why some features of it are missing out from the Opera 11 window. I would suggest you to download the Opera 11 windows file from the official website of Opera so that you have the proper file installed in your system. Perform System restart whenever it is prompted. Check whether the problem still exists after reinstalling a fresh setup of the Opera 11 in your computer.

Yes, it is really possible to make your missing bookmarks bar visible in your Opera 11 browser window. You just need to do the following.
    • You will notice one red color button, with the name ‘Menu’ on top left side of the browser.
    • Click on the “Menu” button.
    • A drop down list will appear.
    • Select Toolbars option from the drop down list.
    • Roving your mouse curser over the Toolbars option will show side window which has got the options for enabling the Bookmarks toolbar.
    • You just need to click or tick on the Bookmarks toolbar option to enable it.

You can perform the following few steps to make your bookmarks bar appear on top.
    1. Right click on a toolbar window of Opera and click on Customize.
    2. Out of the three options which were displayed select the first one; which is mostly “Appearance”
    3. In the Appearance window go to the Toolbars tab
    4. Now in the “Select which standard toolbars you want to show” option, remember to check/tick/select the Bookmarks toolbars checkbox
    5. Select the placement option under the “Click any toolbar to edit its properties” field as “Top” instead of "Off".
    6. Click on OK and you will be able to see the Bookmarks toolbar on top of the Opera windows

Hey every one of you, thank you for replying my thread with your genuine replies. Your replies were really very quick; faster than expected and helped me half way. Because of your replies I was able to get back my Opera 11 bookmarks toolbar option back on the Opera window. But my problem is half solved now. I also wanted to know how I could move in my Bookmarks toolbar at the top most point of the Opera window, which is even above the Navigation toolbar. So I wanted to know is it possible for me? How can I do that? Please help me

Re: How to shift the Bookmarks Toolbar to the top in Opera 11

I went through the thread and the replies and then came into realization that the Bookmarks toolbar cannot be shifted to the top unless you do little modifications. The real working is based on hiding the lower toolbars and showing only the top one and not really moving the toolbars up and down. So if you want to bring the bookmarks toolbar at the topmost level you need to hide all the other toolbars including the navigation toolbar, Main Menu bar and others and showing only the Bookmarks Toolbar. This will give you the result as you want.