Thread: Setup Gmail as Exchange server in Outlook 2007

Setup Gmail as Exchange server in Outlook 2007

I need to setup Gmail as Exchange server but my problem is that I don’t know that how can I do that. I did a search on this but not got any working solution for this. I want to do that so that I will be able to synchronize mails, calendar, contacts within one go. So if anyone of you here have any idea regarding this then please let me know about that. I will be thankful to all the replies. Please reply as early as possible.

Re: Setup Gmail as Exchange server in Outlook 2007

I would like to tell you that it is not possible that you can configure Gmail as exchange. They are completely different from each other. Other than this, if you wish to sync the gmail calendar as well as contacts through the phone then you will be able to do that. If you want to get more information on this then you can get this from here. I hope that this will help you to get the details about this. Please reply with your experience.

I am thankful that you at least given some helpful information different others are just posting in a line. Well why I got this misgiving was that I encompass an application lying on my Nokia Phone like "Mail for Exchange" that assists in synching data similar to Mail, Main Calendar, Contacts, Tasks etc. Please take a look at this link. For a punctual answerer similar to you it will be accommodating to reply if somebody posts through similar question in place of saying not possible in a line that anyone can perform easily.

You can try to do the settings below and see if that can help you or not.
    • Gmail Exchange ActiveSync server address: m.google.com
    • Gmail Exchange ActiveSync domain: google
    • Gmail Exchange ActiveSync user name: Your full Gmail address (e.g. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***)
    • Gmail Exchange ActiveSync password: Your Gmail password
    • Gmail Exchange ActiveSync TLS/SSL required: yes

Just click here and that will open the Office support page where you will get the detailed information regarding this. I be acquainted that what you want accomplish. Comparable system similar to Exchange, all data lying on "google server" as well as Outlook is just client of this server. In this situation, there is not many options available. I wish that there will be more replies on this after my post.

You are unable to configure Gmail in Outlook as an account of change because it is an Exchange account. You can use IMAP and syncing between Google Calendar and Outlook. The phone syncs "as Exchange ', as it uses ActiveSync through the cellular network. You can not use ActiveSync to synchronize Outlook and Gmail - you need to use POP3 or IMAP and a synchronization utility. Right now I have no knowledge a synchronization utility that uses ActiveSync to connect Outlook and Gmail - it may be possible however.