Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unwanted pop up for updating web pages on Firefox4

Technology & Internet

Old 19-04-2011

Unwanted pop up for updating web pages on Firefox4

You see, I have the latest version of firefox and when I try to go to myspace, for example, I jump with a message that I need the latest update or when I go to other sites such as twitter, I get a message at the top that would look better with the latest update This is not just with the myspace but when I am accessing any other site then also the same response from and the unwanted updates. Please help me in this case.

Old 19-04-2011

Re: Unwanted pop up for updating web pages on Firefox4

First what you have to do here is that uninstall the firfox and then install the same again.Find and Delete the folder updates, plus files, active-update.xml and updates.xml . Keep in mind, which are hidden files, you must enable "Show Hidden Files and Folders.Found [Windows XP] with: C: \ Documents and Settings \ [User Name] \ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ Mozilla Firefox \ and then you have to just disable the updated I hope that it works.
Old 19-04-2011

Well I want you to just install the Pop up blocker on your system and see how it goes and then sync the same with the Firefox that you are using, which means it will block virtually all popups. The default pop-up blocker setting lets you see pop-up windows that open when you click on a link or button on a Web site. Pop-up Blocker force and give you a noise effect and then it will illustrate you the Information Bar after the bloc is done. You can adjust the settings so that Pop-up Blocker works the way you want.
Old 19-04-2011

According to me what you have to do here is that just see whether the pop up is on the specific site or not and if it is not then you have to deal with it and if it is only one some of the specific sites then make sure you are not accessing it and choosing any alternate option for the same. I am sure that the problem which you are facing is due to the particular website. I hope that you are getting my solution and it will help you to get rid of the problem and also allow you to ignore the pop ups.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , ,