Thread: How to disable session restore and closed tabs recovery in Firefox?

How to disable session restore and closed tabs recovery in Firefox?

I need to ask this from you all? Well I want to know how to disable the feature of session restore and the opening of the closed tabs feature in the Firefox which I think is present as a default feature in the Firefox. I have not come across the method of disabling this feature anywhere in the internet. So that’s why I want to want how to disable this feature? In fact in my place my system is used by many of them and hence I feel none of them must get to know what I am currently browsing right now. So that’s why I want to disable such feature. So any help that you can provide me right now.

Re: How to disable session restore and closed tabs recovery in Firefox?

Its so simple just have a look at the about:config and you will get to see all the different preferences, just disable the system restore feature and also the tabs closing preference. I think that will be a good solution to try out. I am amazed that you were not aware of such method, being a Firefox user. So just type in the about:config in the url and then you will get to see a lot of preferences, just disable which you don’t want. I hope I am clear with the point that I have specified here and I am sure it has helped you.

Yes you can definitely try with the above method, you can also disable that feature from the tools menu and from there options and privacy. Where you can deactivate the feature of restoring all the tabs that you had opened up in the first session. That will allow you to use the browser without the worry of your web history being displayed to the other users. So just relax and the problem will be solved. Do use that method and I am sure it will be of quite help for you.

Well you will not face this problem in the Firefox 4 this is because the Firefox has different user profiles in which you will be able to use your own profile and anybody else cannot use your feature. So I think that’s the option to go. in case if you are not using the latest version of the Firefox then switching to the latest version of the Firefox is the best option that you can try. I think anybody else would not be able to view your web history because it will require him/her to go into your account and then see which is very rare possibility. So I hope you have got the solution that you were looking for.

Ok thanks a lot for the help that you have provided here it was very much beneficial for me and I must thank you all for giving the solutions for me, I really appreciate your efforts for solving the issue. So thanks a lot for that. I did try the about:config method and that only helped me. So thanks a a lot for that. Although it was a bit simple question for you but for me being a new Firefox user it definitely took some time to get adjusted to it.