Thread: Firefox 4 beta : no cache

Firefox 4 beta : no cache

I am using Firefox 4.0b9, 10.2 of Adobe flash player on Linux and KDE desktop. When Firefox 3.6 was used on a video on YouTube and if you wanted to save just had to go to the tmp directory for a file with a random name, rename the format "abc.flv" and could view it later off-line and keep hard disk. Now, with Firefox 4.0b9 beta, it seems that flash video does not save anywhere. In the tmp there is nothing, and the Mozilla user profile now see that the cache has numbers 1 through 9 and letters from A to infinity, but nowhere save the flash file. While I'm seeing a flash of You Tube observed that the cache directory does not grow, that is, I think it does not save the flash video on the hard disk. I would like to save the flash videos as before, without adding any extension to manage the download ,but I have no idea how to do it please help me in this case.

re: Firefox 4 beta : no cache

Well if you are talking about the extension then you need to use them because without them the work will be half done. But in this case what I want you to do here is that there is no need to use the extension you can directly do it by using the bookmarklet. Well you can use the same when you want to save the video to YouTube (or elsewhere) that you are viewing and click on the Bookmarklet there will be an option available to download in different quality that is . flv and. mp4.

However, I discovered another good way to view and download videos from Youtube. But instead of using a bookmarklet, you need to use the VLC / VideoLAN which is also the best player Multimedia Open Source Multiplalform and there: You must do the following:
    • Copy the URL of the video on Youtube.
    • In VLC, go to the Middle> Open Network Stream, paste the URL of the video and click Play.
    • When playing, go to Tools> Codec Information (Ctrl + J), and a window. In the bottom of this window you will see a text box that says Place, which is an address. You have to copy the address, paste in the address bar of your browser and start downloading the video.
    • Finally, one need only add the. Mp4 extension on the file like video playback. Mp4 and then the file is ready to download

As mentioned in the query that you are unable to do any more installation or you are not able to download the videos from YouTube then what you have to do here is that just try and search in Google regarding the best sites that provides you to the functionality of downloading the YouTube videos. I a sure selecting the appropriate one for your downloading will definitely help you to resolve the issue. And if you still face problems downloading videos from YouTube then you have to click here to get more detailed explanation on the same issue.

I did not know that site to download videos from YouTube. I cannot use it because that work through a Java applet. I never use Java. I have no Java installed. I tried other similar sites, but the configuration of my computer is preventing downloads. All I get is error messages, Before I was very happy because I could get directly, without intermediaries, visiting the / tmp, but now the truth that Firefox 4 left me very disappointed, very disappointed. I'll see if I can download them from the bash console with a script. I tried some I found online, but do not work, fails grep "player2.swf" which does not exist because I think YouTube changed the treatment, I'll investigate. There are several alternatives, but these things because I can not do directly with Firefox, by hand, a penalty.