Thread: How to edit a field in about:config through a program in Firefox

How to edit a field in about:config through a program in Firefox

Yes I know this is a very silly question that I am asking to you all but still there is a doubt in my mind which I had to clear it out with you all. So that’s why I wanted to ask with you all. Well the thing is that I want to edit a field in about:congfig through a program, I am not having any idea about it and hence I wanted to ask this with you all. So tell me is it possible can I do that? If yes then please do specify me the method by which I would be able to do that on my own. I am really expecting some solutions from you all so please do send in your suggestions as early as possible.

Re: How to edit a field in about:config through a program in Firefox

The method is simple you just have to download the source code and make the necessary changes from there only. So that’s what you have to do and you will get the required thing that you were looking for. So do make the necessary changes that I have suggested for you that will definitely be of good help for you. So do make the changes, the source code you will easily get it from the Mozilla website only. So go ahead with the operation. If you are successful with that then please do notify us about the same.

I would advise you to check the prefs.js file in the system and then accordingly change the value of the preference in it. So that’s the main thing that you can lookout for. So you must have a look at the file that I have suggested just edit the preference that you are looking out for and the necessary changes will get implemented accordingly. As of now I think this is the best answer for your query, do make the necessary changes accordingly.

See in such situation it is best to have a talk with the Mozilla customer support about the issue and that will solve the problem. See as such you can directly makes some changes by typing about:config in the url and make the necessary changes from there only then why is there a need of program to make the changes in the about:config. I think the above two methods are quite appropriate and you can definitely give it a try for the methods. In case if that fails then the suggestion that I have specified would be the last option for you. So go ahead with what I have said here.

Ok, got the point that you are trying to speak here and I will do the necessary thing. I have read the first two suggestions and I don’t think so that will help me much in the purpose so having a talk with the Mozilla customer support about the issue is the best option that I can give it a try so lets see if that works or not. Anyways thank for all the suggestions that you all have given here, thanks for the help.