Thread: Firefox4 History does not wipe out automatically

Firefox4 History does not wipe out automatically

Hello guys. Greetings to all. I hope you all doing well. Well I have a personal computer for myself and I use windows 7 as my operating system. I also have the internet access. Well, recently I updated from firefox 3 to the firefox 4 version. I was able to set the expiry date for the browsing history in the previous version , but I am not able to find any option in firefox 4. Is there any option available or there is no facility provided. Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: Firefox4 History does not wipe out automatically

Hi. Dude, even I am using firefox 4 and having the same issues. I tried my ways out but not able to find out the solution to it. It gives the impression that the days option is missing in firefox 4. Previously, I was able to set it for around a week but not now. Even , I am having the query that can we not set it manually. I tried pressing, control button, shift and H button simultaneously, but no joy. It showed me a page with complete history and not what I was looking for. Hence, I made the conclusion that history is narrowed down to just 3 days for firefox 4.

Hello guys. Being a firefox user myself like you’ll I would like to share my knowledge with you. Well, Firefox 4.0 ,without any human intervention saves the session when you close or again start Firefox.The tabs are supposed to be restored robotically when you again start the firefox. In the other case, when you close the firefox and again open it again theat time you are required to make use of restore previous session on the about:home deault home page. Else, you can go to history and then restore previous session.

Hi. According to my views, you should go tools menu on the top side of the firefox. Select it and then select clear recent history. You have the option to select how much history you wish too. Just besides time range to clear , select the drop down menu text to select how much of the history will be cleared by firefox. Then select the arrow besides details to select which data will be removed. Then, finally, click clear now button and windows will be closed and the selected data will be removed.

Friends, I think we can wipe out the history in firefox 4. Select options inside the tools menu. Then click on privacy panel. The you will have to set firefox will- use custom settings for history. When firefox closes, verify the clear history box. In order to let know, what type of history should be deleted, select the settings button. Inside it, see the items that you wish to remove mechanically. Then click ok and again select it so that the options window is closed. Thanks.

Hi. I have one more solution. You can also start the privacy browsing on so that there will be no history. For that, go to tools and then select start privacy browsing. Then an alert will be shown saying that current windows and tabs will be saved once you complete private browsing. Then private browsing information will be displayed to you and hence forth you will be working in privacy browsing mode. Thus, no history will be saved at all in this scenario.