Thread: File Size of places.sqlite increases automatically in Firefox

File Size of places.sqlite increases automatically in Firefox

I am using the windows 7 operating system and using the same from last few months now the thing here is that I am suing the Mozilla Firefox browser on my system for web surfing now the thing here is that whenever I am trying to have a go at it that is the places.sqlite file then always it is showing me inappropriate reading regarding the data. Actually the file places.sqlite increases its size on its own and also decreases when it wants. I don’t know what is behind the same and how to deal with it. So please help me in this case and let me know what I can do to solve this issue.

Re: File Size of places.sqlite increases automatically in Firefox

Well if you will ask me then the size of this file will definitely vary because it keeps the records of the site that we have visited and tracks the bookmarks and other sites. And day by day the history increases I mean to say that the number of site accessed by the same is increases and at the same time the folder size increases based on it. But as you said that sometimes the size also lows down that is varies then this is thing is not possible and also I have no idea regarding the same.

Well I am not aware about the Firefox policy but surely can tell you that the data is being detached from the file, but it is not releasing itself from the same and the now idle space from the file. This is not too astonishing since addition of liberty to a database is not a small matter. Also, it's sensible to assume that if the database got that large, it would like grow to that size again.Well and it is also possible that the if the Firefox only sweeps the free space occasionally then you must need a spate tool to perform that action on time. So what you have to do here is that just install the SQLite administration tool kit on your system and then use the same to organize the data. I am sure that this will work for you and you will get the proper response from the same.

The first thing that I want you to do here is that first check whether the history of the browser is properly maintained on the system or not. And if it is not then you have to just see whether the there are any plug-in which are missing and If they are not then you have to just install the same on your system. I am sure that installing the same will definitely help you to get rid of the problem that you are facing. And still there is the problem then you have to just reinstall the browser.

Well according to me if the browser is not doing well or if there are any issues related with the same then what you have to do here is that just try and reinstall the Mozilla Firefox which you are using on your system. I am sure that doing the same will help you because it really dir for me when I tried to have a go at it and even reinstalling the browser doesn’t work for you then see to it that you using any other browser lake Google chrome or the Opera on you system. I am sure you will be able to get rid of the problem that you are facing.